Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I found a deal on a older JD 3 point snowblower, 7ft. built like a tank, double auger , I know this is an overkill for the tractor, but it is in good working condition for $550 , compared to a new 6 ft. at around $3000 , can I get by with this blower or could it do damage to the tractor? I know it will bog the engine down when in heavy snow. Tractor is a 41 HP hydro.

Thanks for any suggestions here.

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Moved to appropriate forum.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kenny, I realize what I was doing now, do not post tech questions in the suggestions / advise section, I could not find where you moved the post to?
Sorry about that, I will pay more attention to where I am posting from now on.

Thanks

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
No worries Buckmaster...

Do you have the model number of this blower so we can look up the specs on it? The price is sure right but it does sound big!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The snow blower sold before I could get there, probably for the best, I put a deposit on a 6 ft. woodmaxx blower, $2350 free shipping,
they look to be built pretty well, they are in back order though none available until early Dec. at the earliest, I am also thinking on a 66" Lorenz for $3150 , one of the best made no doubt , I stay witht he woodmaxx will post how it turns out.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts