Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my new tractor this weekend as well as a new SB1154. I tried to hook it up just to make sure everything works before I tuck it away for the summer.

I have a 1025R FILB. I removed the backhoe and installed the 3PH and the iMatch Quick-Hitch. After connecting the drive shaft I can't get it to connect to the Quick-Hitch. It seems as though the drive shaft is to long? I can get the top hooked but I can't get the button pins into the hooks then. I tried adjusting the top link but that did not help. If I don't connect the drive shaft, I have no issues connecting the blower to the quick hitch. I also tried to connect it without the quick hitch but I had even more difficulty then.

Do you really have to cut a new drive shaft to get it to connect?

Thanks
JFC

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I got my new tractor this weekend as well as a new SB1154. I tried to hook it up just to make sure everything works before I tuck it away for the summer.

I have a 1025R FILB. I removed the backhoe and installed the 3PH and the iMatch Quick-Hitch. After connecting the drive shaft I can't get it to connect to the Quick-Hitch. It seems as though the drive shaft is to long? I can get the top hooked but I can't get the button pins into the hooks then. I tried adjusting the top link but that did not help. If I don't connect the drive shaft, I have no issues connecting the blower to the quick hitch. I also tried to connect it without the quick hitch but I had even more difficulty then.

Do you really have to cut a new drive shaft to get it to connect?

Thanks
JFC

Yes, The shaft is universal for different tractors.

Reactions: Jarred

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
Reactions: Jarred and OldmanX

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
As has been said it is normal to have to cut a new pto shaft. However, if you just bought a tractor and attachments as a package deal your dealer should have done it as part of setup.

·
Administrator
20,908 Posts
As has been said it is normal to have to cut a new pto shaft. However, if you just bought a tractor and attachments as a package deal your dealer should have done it as part of setup.
I wouldn't count on that. It only takes a few minutes to make sure it was done. Doing so may prevent serious damage to both the tractor and the implement. :good2:

·
Registered
225 Posts
I wouldn't count on that. It only takes a few minutes to make sure it was done. Doing so may prevent serious damage to both the tractor and the implement. :good2:
Yes, agree completely, BUT the dealer should have done this and I would call them up and tell them it's wrong and have them do it. Even if it wasn't a package deal when the implement is setup the mechanic setting it up should make the shaft fit the customers machine.

·
Premium Member
14,917 Posts
I agree the dealer should have cut the shaft, CALL the dealer and ask before cutting the shaft or connecting the shaft and doing damage to your tractor.

Reactions: Jarred

·
Registered
158 Posts
I agree with others, the dealer should have cut it if you bought it as a package. I would get them to cut it as they do this all the time and should know how to do.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Early this evening I met the dealer (sales agent) at my lake place to go over a few things. He tried to attach the snow blower and he also had issues connecting it. He agreed that the drive shaft was two long. He took it off and took it back with him to be cut. Next week I will get it back along with my tiller I hope.

Thanks everyone for the advise. Hopefully next week I have a working snow thrower so I can tuck it away until winter.

JFC

Reactions: gbnpp05

·
Administrator
18,343 Posts
... He agreed that the drive shaft was two long. He took it off and took it back with him to be cut...
Did he take any measurements?

Reactions: 56Nine

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I picked up the drive shaft today. I will give it a try this weekend.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts