Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quick stupid question, can I just drop the 54" snow blower and unhook the lines and re-hook the FEL without disconnecting everything?
This is my second winter and I have always thought with just a 1" or 2" of snow most of the time I could have left the blower off until we got enough snow to
use the blower, but also did not want to assemble the whole setup when it's 0 degrees.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
I don't do anything unless I have 3-4" of snow, I just let it get packed down. FEL is packed away in the barn for the winter because I don't like getting cold and the wind chill on my weather station is in the low single digits right now. Unless someone else has tried it, all you can do is carefully try when the chance arises. I would have one or two spotters around to make sure nothing is going to hit when you are connecting the FEL.

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figure one of my Green Tractor friends has done this before if it can be done, likewise its 14 degrees here and the pole barn also is not heated😁

Reactions: driveshaft

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hear you on the cold, my weather station was reporting 3.4 degree wind chill earlier today. As large as our community is, someone with your model probably has tried it. Good luck in your endeavor, fortunately I am retired and get to decide if and when I will go out side other than Tuesday morning when I have to take the trash out the road. 1/10 mile and a timer turns on the block heater at 06:00 so I have heat in the cab halfway out to the road.

·
Registered
805 Posts
On the 1025r, you have to pull the front PTO out. The front PTO carrier bearing mount hits the loader stand. I’ve seen threads on GTT about modifying the loader stand, but I’ve never done it.
Again, that’s a 1025r. Not sure how different it is for the 2025r, but I’m guessing they’re similar.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dam, I was afraid of that, I did not want to disassemble the whole thing just to use the bucket once😒

1 - 7 of 7 Posts