Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,129 Posts
You'll have to go a bit slower, but heck yes.

My 2305 did just fine. You've got as much or more tractor.

You might have to raise up the blower, eat off the top, then got back in for the bottom.

Are you in powder, or the heavy wet stuff?

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Depends on what you expect.It will handle deep snow but, the 54" bower is only 20" tall so you may need to make the first pass with the blower up, then back up lower the blower ,drive ahead a repeat until your through the drift.

My 1026r/54" does work well for its size. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
147 Posts
Not quite the same but, I have a 47". I just bought a pc of land that had not been plowed since Dec. I think we had aboput 130 inches of snow this year. So the snow was obout 3 ft of hard pack with some drifting. The drive is 1400 ft with a 300 ft branch off to a pole barn. My tractor is a 2520. Everybody said I would need a big loader like a 544 to get back there. I went in and took short runs about 6' or so, back up and move over a little. In 4 hrs I was at the house. I went back the next day and cleared to the barn. I wish I had a 54 but these things will move a lot of snow. Just remember when the rpm's start to drop slow down a little.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I also have the 47" and it will eat anything, I have pushed forward w/ the blower under the snow and only the chute sticking out, I agree w/ above post, If tractor starts to bog down, just slow down. I sometimes wish I had a wider blower for clearing a wider track. I would guess your tractor would be fine, just may have to go slow and let blower eat what is presented to it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You'll have to go a bit slower, but heck yes.

My 2305 did just fine. You've got as much or more tractor.

You might have to raise up the blower, eat off the top, then got back in for the bottom.

Are you in powder, or the heavy wet stuff?
Much of both types of snow....Thanks

·
Premium Member
15,044 Posts
I have a 47 w/1026r. like others have said it will eat anything. Our front yard angles down from the main road,plus this past summer that part of the yard was dug up putting in city water. Last week I was trying to find a rubbing noise in the blower.. After getting about 8" of snow from inside the blower found about 2-3" of dirt that came from the front yard. With snow gone from the front yard I can see I remove about a 2-3 wide and 15' L piece of my front yard .
As justgrn stated it will eat hard of soft snow, yes may have to back up , or slow down at times but it will handle the job.

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've had no problems with my 2210 and my 54" rear mounted Frontier blower. It sings right along, I was actually pretty impressed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts