Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
Here is my 1026 with the super snow bucket.:lol:
Hey, I may be up and take some measurements! I love it!. I have been gathering weight info on the JD "materials or snow buckets" trying to figure what would work. Hows your edge on the extensions??

·
Registered
489 Posts
Here is my 1026 with the super snow bucket.:lol:
Fuelhog,

Are you having a problem with snow sticking in the bucket extensions? I know that wet snow slides out of the stock bucket pretty well but dry snow tends to stick.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I may be up and take some measurements! I love it!. I have been gathering weight info on the JD "materials or snow buckets" trying to figure what would work. Hows your edge on the extensions??
Hello FormulaB, come on over! Not sure what you mean by "edge on the extensions" but I would assume you mean the lower cutting edge? I handmade the extensions from 10 gauge steel (same thickness as the bucket) and just doubled the material along the cutting edge.

Reactions: FormulaB

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fuelhog,

Are you having a problem with snow sticking in the bucket extensions? I know that wet snow slides out of the stock bucket pretty well but dry snow tends to stick.
Adamski, I do have issues with snow sticking to the bucket but only when I immediatly start moving snow after taking the tractor out of my heated garage. If the bucket is cold before getting into snow it slides out fine.

·
Registered
383 Posts
How far do you "push" with them before dumping? Do you have any traction issues pushing alot of snow? I'd be interested in fabricating something similar but I would need some sort of quick attach/detach setup. Quicker than bolting and unbolting as I would need to add and remove them before I enter/leave the garage everytime.

·
Registered
2,553 Posts
very cool

Reactions: fuelhog2000

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
How far do you "push" with them before dumping? Do you have any traction issues pushing alot of snow? I'd be interested in fabricating something similar but I would need some sort of quick attach/detach setup. Quicker than bolting and unbolting as I would need to add and remove them before I enter/leave the garage everytime.
I have rear chains, loaded tires and 600lbs of ballast so traction is not really an issue. I can push the snow a long ways. My driveway is 250' long and I can push snow the whole distance. As far as dumping goes, that little machine has more than enough power to life a full snow bucket full of wet snow without any issues. I was going crazy clearing a 250' long and 35 ft. wide driveway with just the 49" bucket so I built the extensions. Mine bolt on with 3 3/8" bolts on each side. It's not "quick" but they do come off within 1 minute with an air ratchet. I keep them on all winter as my garage doors are 10 ft. wide.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have rear chains, loaded tires and 600lbs of ballast so traction is not really an issue. I can push the snow a long ways. My driveway is 250' long and I can push snow the whole distance. As far as dumping goes, that little machine has more than enough power to life a full snow bucket full of wet snow without any issues. I was going crazy clearing a 250' long and 35 ft. wide driveway with just the 49" bucket so I built the extensions. Mine bolt on with 3 3/8" bolts on each side. It's not "quick" but they do come off within 1 minute with an air ratchet. I keep them on all winter as my garage doors are 10 ft. wide.
Good to know. What is the total width of your bucket now? I purchased my unit with the upgraded 53" bucket but I still did not use it to move snow this year. I have a Kawasaki Prairie 650 with a Warn 60" power angle plow that is mucher quicker. But with the extensions you made, it might be easier in heavy deep snowfall to use the 1026r to push it a long way. I would have the 260 BH for ballast. My driveway is fairly level and also about 250', plus another 300-400' of private road that I plow. What's your price to make me a primered set and ship to PA? My fabrication skills aren't the best :lol:

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Good to know. What is the total width of your bucket now? I purchased my unit with the upgraded 53" bucket but I still did not use it to move snow this year. I have a Kawasaki Prairie 650 with a Warn 60" power angle plow that is mucher quicker. But with the extensions you made, it might be easier in heavy deep snowfall to use the 1026r to push it a long way. I would have the 260 BH for ballast. My driveway is fairly level and also about 250', plus another 300-400' of private road that I plow. What's your price to make me a primered set and ship to PA? My fabrication skills aren't the best :lol:
Hey Bones, that is funny because I too, had a Kawasaki Prairie 650. Those V-twins are powerfull. I had a 60" Dozer blade on mine with chains at all 4 corners but even as quick as it was plowing is no match for my 1026. The bucket is now 7ft wide. I am very humbled by your request for me to fabricate a set for you however, I have the D120 bucket and I would assume you have the H120. The buckets are a different design and if I made you extensions they would not have the same profile and fit as your bucket does. You can see in my pictures the D120 bucket has an angled back to it. The H120 has a rounded back.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Hey Bones, that is funny because I too, had a Kawasaki Prairie 650. Those V-twins are powerfull. I had a 60" Dozer blade on mine with chains at all 4 corners but even as quick as it was plowing is no match for my 1026. The bucket is now 7ft wide. I am very humbled by your request for me to fabricate a set for you however, I have the D120 bucket and I would assume you have the H120. The buckets are a different design and if I made you extensions they would not have the same profile and fit as your bucket does. You can see in my pictures the D120 bucket has an angled back to it. The H120 has a rounded back.
Ah, yes, I do have the H120. The profile really wouldn't matter, in fact I don't even think I would need the bucket capacity, maybe just wings like a scoop in order to be able to push it. Not to hijack your thread, here's a time lapse of me plowing with the Prairie last weekend. You can see me getting off to fix the pins on the Warn power pivot, I tested the new pins out but they kept popping out. So I had to go back to my old setup.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ah, yes, I do have the H120. The profile really wouldn't matter, in fact I don't even think I would need the bucket capacity, maybe just wings like a scoop in order to be able to push it. Not to hijack your thread, here's a time lapse of me plowing with the Prairie last weekend. You can see me getting off to fix the pins on the Warn power pivot, I tested the new pins out but they kept popping out. So I had to go back to my old setup.

HA! I might only be 40 years old but I remember that song from Benny Hill!:laugh:

·
Artillian Tractor, LLC
1,541 Posts
HA! I might only be 40 years old but I remember that song from Benny Hill!:laugh:
The little old bald guy was my favorite. He got all the ladies. That was such a great show.

:focus:

Great work on the bucket extensions Fuelhog! We really need a dashcam video on this thing.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.