Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone know anything about ctattatchments out of Wisconsin? They have a 66" blade to connect to JD front quick hitch: http://www.ctattachments.com/Snow-Plow The blade is $625 + $172 shipping to my zip. I have a blower for my 2520 and that works great for the deeper stuff. I would like to have a blade available for lighter snows. I did add some wings I made to my 54" blade but I think that blade would end up getting bent being used this way. This is the first I have plowed with the 2520. Oh man can it move snow. I can weld and thought about permanently modding my 54" but, I would rather leave it as is to use on my 445. Here is a pic of my wings

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
Link doesn't work.
Nice job on the 54" :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: mercmaniac

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Reactions: mercmaniac and NEWT

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
Does anyone know anything about ctattatchments out of Wisconsin? They have a 66" blade to connect to JD front quick hitch: Snow Plow - Compact Tractor Attachments The blade is $625 + $172 shipping to my zip. I have a blower for my 2520 and that works great for the deeper stuff. I would like to have a blade available for lighter snows. I did add some wings I made to my 54" blade but I think that blade would end up getting bent being used this way. This is the first I have plowed with the 2520. Oh man can it move snow. I can weld and thought about permanently modding my 54" but, I would rather leave it as is to use on my 445. Here is a pic of my wings
mercmanic ; I think newnt bought one of these blades, maybe when he reads this thread he will answer, he sounded like he was very happy with it, I also have a 2520 and bought the 54 plow from deere to narrow back tire rode in ur stuff u was plowing so I had it widened, good that way, bad thing quick hitch doesn't lift it high enough when angled, skid plate I have wants to dig in when backing up, just have to remember to straighten out blade when backing up.other than that one problem I have all else is good. good luck, big jim

Reactions: mercmaniac and NEWT

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Yep, I got the 60" and only used it once but I'm very pleased with it! I choose the 60" due to having a 2305 but if I only had my 2520 I would have gone with the 66" er.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yep, I got the 60" and only used it once but I'm very pleased with it! I choose the 60" due to having a 2305 but if I only had my 2520 I would have gone with the 66" er.
I would be very interested to find out how the 60" works on your 2520. My concern is the weight of a 66". With the wings I added mine is 68" and I can still muscle it around very easily. I may end up beefing up my setup some more, not sure yet. I know a 1 piece cutting edge and extra material across the top of the moldboard would help.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
I would be very interested to find out how the 60" works on your 2520. My concern is the weight of a 66". With the wings I added mine is 68" and I can still muscle it around very easily. I may end up beefing up my setup some more, not sure yet. I know a 1 piece cutting edge and extra material across the top of the moldboard would help.
You should have no issues with the 2520 with up to a 72".

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
The factory 54 blade I can throw it in the back of my truck without a problem.. Now the 60" different story. Its like 200lbs! The guy said just a tick over 200lbs for the 60 and like 240ish for the 66" er. Neither one will cause a problem for a 2520.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The factory 54 blade I can throw it in the back of my truck without a problem.. Now the 60" different story. Its like 200lbs! The guy said just a tick over 200lbs for the 60 and like 240ish for the 66" er. Neither one will cause a problem for a 2520.
I am more worried about me handling it than the 2520.:)

Reactions: BigJim55 and NEWT

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Pick a spot along a wall and release pins, set blade off and back away.. Then remove quick hitch.. Blade itself don't take up that much room when placed along a wall.. :good2:
I was thinking that if I got it, I would make some brackets with swivel castors so I could wheel it out of the way easily when changing over to the blower.

·
Registered
12,623 Posts
I was thinking that if I got it, I would make some brackets with swivel castors so I could wheel it out of the way easily when changing over to the blower.
I bought one of them furniture movers from harbor freight and lay my plow on their to move around for the summer.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is what did, I have a 2520 with the 54" blower and the 54"" plow blade. I made a template of the plow blade angle took it to a local steel fabrication shop and had a piece of 1/4" plate 24" high and 72" long rolled to that angle and bolted to the 54" blade. Also added 2 additional Tripp springs. This has worked out for me and I haven't had the blower back on in 3years. If I can fiqure out how to post pics with my phone I'll take some tomorrow.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts
This is what did, I have a 2520 with the 54" blower and the 54"" plow blade. I made a template of the plow blade angle took it to a local steel fabrication shop and had a piece of 1/4" plate 24" high and 72" long rolled to that angle and bolted to the 54" blade. Also added 2 additional Tripp springs. This has worked out for me and I haven't had the blower back on in 3years. If I can fiqure out how to post pics with my phone I'll take some tomorrow.
Have any pictures you could share?

Edit: I was so intrigued with the main topic here I didn't read the last part "If I can fiqure out how to post pics with my phone I'll take some tomorrow."
:hide:

Thanks Kennyd :thumbup1gif::lol:

·
Registered
57 Posts
Here a couple of pics

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all the input. I ordered a 66". Should be here on Monday.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
..and, I have my castors picked out for the brackets I will build.:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Reactions: NEWT
1 - 20 of 35 Posts