Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
What? No cab???? :unknown:

:lol::lol:

NICE WRITE-UP, John!! And, nice fabrication work! :bigthumb:

I like that you had the forethought to make sure you could take the winch with you. I'm trying to think of a good way to mount my Jeep's winch on the Deere. But, if I had that extra "security" while working in the woods, I'd probably do stupid stuff thinking that I could get myself out of it.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,070 Posts
John Hesslink, You may find hydraulic lift with the piston tied directly to the blade may not follow fast enough, especially/more so when it's really cold.

Nice work. :thumbup1gif:

Edit:
You may want to look into adding a crossover relief valve.

IMG_1244_2.jpg

·
Registered
23,268 Posts
Crossover relief valve - info from Ken’s Bolt on Grab Hooks -

The Ultimate Crossover Relief Valve

KBOGH/BoltOnHooks LLC is proud to announce what we believe is the Ultimate Crossover Relief Valve for the avid do-it-yourselfer. The Crossover Relief Valve (CRV) is designed to protect your equipment from damage whenever a circuit is overloaded, like on a snowplow or a backhoe thumb. Installation is very simple, the CRV is simply plumbed inline with the two SA (Single Acting) cylinders on a typical snow plow setup, or the single DA (Dual Acting) cylinder on a thumb device. Machined from 6061 aluminum for weight savings, anodized for maximum corrosion protection, and the use of ORB/SAE ports make this the best value anywhere!

Specifications:
• Maximum Flow: 8 GPM Max
• Maximum Pressure: 3500 PSI
• Relief Pressure: Set to 3000 PSI, adjustable from 1500-3000 PSI
• Ports: 1/2” (-08) ORB (SAE) x4
• Mounting Holes: 1/2” x2 @ 3" on center
• Block Size: 3-1/4”w, x 3-1/4”h, x 1-1/4”d
• Overall Width: (with valves): 8-3/4"
• Weight: 2 lbs, 2.5 oz
• Made in the USA

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Hydraulics>>

0290E893-261C-4FCA-951A-C10E35F8FD23.jpeg