Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi I need some help finding out if this JD plow will work for my g100. I've been searching the net for info but I'm not having any luck. It seems to be a really good deal but The guy who is selling it is not sure what model jd the plow is for either. I don't mind doing a little fabricating I just want to be sure it's possible and fairly simple to do. Please forgive me if I posted this wrong, im new here and new to forums in general. There should be pictures attached below. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,101 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you for the info. So far, this is the only plow I can find in my area that looks like it might work with a little fabricating. Im just curious if anyone here has done something similar to this. I don't want to get in over my head.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Keep In Mind this is the 46inch Blade You Need for the G100. Blade Model Number BM19921 It attaches entirely different from the blade you posted above. Totally different Sub Frame and it is not Like the 46inch Front Blade for the 240 thru 320 or GT242 thru GT275.

Look for a Blade That was Used On the Sabre & Scott's By JD Yard & Garden tractors Made through the Mid 1990's till 2002 Basically they will look Just Like your G100 But in a different Color & Hood design

SABRE Models
Yard Tractors
1842GV
1842HV
1848GV
1848HV
1948GV
1948HV

Garden Tractors
2048HV
2148HV
2254HV
2354HV
2554HV

Scotts
Yard Tractors
S2048
S2348
Garden tractors
S2554
GT2554

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Since the actual blade designed for your tractor fit a few different models and even brands, I would suggest searching through those small companies and individuals who part out mowers and L&G tractors. I have been in several of the shops of these outfits over the years and some have impressive amounts of inventory. Trying to find the individual with the tractor or who had the tractor at one time and has the blade left over is akin to finding the needle in the haystack.

To begin with, familiarize yourself with the search methods for the actual model number like JimR and Sergeant both used to provide their responses. It will save you a ton of time with "close but no cigars". That way when you do find something, you can easily check with your phone or computer to see what the item fits.

Sometimes a close fit that isn't quite right can end up being tougher to modify when working with the constraints of the item. There are supposedly "Universal fit plows" on the market place which can be made to work, depending upon your fabrication and creativity skills.

I think if you contact the sellers of used parts listed which fit your machine, from either Ebay or Craigslist or even a Google search for Used parts for your specific tractor, you are likely to reach some of those people who part out machines for a living and have contacts with others for such things. I would search specifically for the correct plow first, not by trying to find one listed for sale, but by reaching out to these individuals who part out machines.

Some of these places I have visited were 10,000 sq foot facilities with very organized bar coded inventories, while others were hopelessly disorganized messes, but in each case, the people in charge seemed to know where everything could be found and what they had.

Then it depends upon how far you want to drive, or the cost to have items shipped. But regardless of what you find, make sure you check the parts schematics like Sergeant posted to make sure you are getting the brackets and mounts you need. Otherwise, you could end up buying pieces new (if still available) and that can make a good deal get expensive quickly.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok thanks again everyone. I guess modifying it will be much more complicated than I had in mind. It's Not the news I wanted to hear, but you guys probably just saved me a big headache.

·
Premium Member
1,781 Posts
Aftermarket Dozer or Snow Blade for G100

Bercomac Make two Blades that will fit Your Tractor Th either Have a snow Blade Or a Utility Blade Both are available with electric Lift. The snow Blade is also available with Manual lift Then there is agri-Fab I am not to Keen On the Agri-Fab Blade The front Mounting Brackets are a Little weak Had a friend with a Cub Cadet XT2 tear it up with one season of snow removal

Since Bercomac website Must Be down for Maintenance Here Is a Bercomac Dealer Tractor Blade - Tractor Front Blade

Agri-Fab Products > 48" Snow Blade

BTW here are two Picture of the Deere OEM 46inch Blade for the G100:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yes I was looking at the agri-fab. They say it will fit the g100, the price is tempting, but i am concerned about its quality of construction. I just bought my first house last month, so my budget is on the low side. Prior to this I didn't need a plow. Now I live in the middle of the woods, and have a long driveway. The snow is already starting to fall so I was hoping to make it work to get me by for now. Plus the price he's asking for it is hard to pass up. But im going to keep looking around. Worst case is ill pickup an agri-fab to get me threw this season.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
This is the plow you need for your tractor. From what I remember the price wasn't that bad new. You will definitely need chains and a rear weight bracket that holds 2 suitcase weights.

I used it for a rural driveway at first. Then did a 70 unit trailer park with it for over 5 years.

The pictures are from when I was selling it. That's why the deck is on at the same time. You definitely want to remove the deck before plowing.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the help everyone. I actually picked up a plow over the weekend, made a couple quick brackets and bolted it on.
Works perfectly so far. I can have it on or off in minutes. It's not how I wanted to do it, but it will do the job until the budget allows for a new machine. Chains and weights are on the way, although I was pretty impressed with its performance without them. Overall, im happy with it. I can post pictures if anyone is interested. It's not pretty but she'll move some snow and that's what matters to me.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Thanks for the help everyone. I actually picked up a plow over the weekend, made a couple quick brackets and bolted it on.
Works perfectly so far. I can have it on or off in minutes. It's not how I wanted to do it, but it will do the job until the budget allows for a new machine. Chains and weights are on the way, although I was pretty impressed with its performance without them. Overall, im happy with it. I can post pictures if anyone is interested. It's not pretty but she'll move some snow and that's what matters to me.
When in doubt, post it. Pictures are almost mandatory, well almost.......but always welcomed.

Tell us about the plow you found. Show us how you made the brackets.

Jump in with both feet and share your results. :good2:

It's likely to help others and that is what GTT is all about. Plus it helps complete your thread so others looking for the same thing can benefit from your experience.

·
Registered
1 Posts
What model plow did you end up getting? I am trying to find on for my g100. I would like to make one work like the one you first posted about. I bought one for the smaller model sabre and it isn't a direct fit. I can make it work but would prefer to get a M03481X blade and adapt that because it looks like a better built blade.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

1 - 12 of 12 Posts