Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for recommendations on a loader arm mounted snow plow for my 2720. So far, the only thing ones I've found are the Frontier AF11 / AF12 and the WR Long FBM (http://www.wrlonginc.com/Front%20Blade.htm). I have a half-mile of smooth asphalt; snow depth varies between 2" to 20". I'd like a blade in the 70" to 80" width at full angle. It can be manually angled (I don't need hydraulic adjustment).

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,695 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Super Moderator
6,169 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and Gizmo2

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Look at Horst welding and fabricating out of Canada.

HLA Snow

They're 1000 series of plows come in manual and hydro angle and are quite lightweight compared to most. They come in widths up to 96" and can be ordered in JD green! They are JDQA, and with manual angling are quite reasonably priced.

IMHO , your width may be a bit aggressive, in my experience with my 2032r the best width is 66-72". More than that and with any depth of snow you will have trouble pushing and have a tendency to float.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Not sure it is practical or for everyone, but I'm going to pick up a used truck plow off Craigslist or other cheap source and just make a simple bracket mount with chain/ratchet style lock to go on the H130 bucket. Don't think we are 1/2 mile driveway, but maybe 1/4 mile total from road. Can't imagine a local friend or even a pro shop would charge me much to cut down to 72" and add a few scraps of steel to create the slot to lock over the FEL front edge....

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
...your width may be a bit aggressive, in my experience with my 2032r the best width is 66-72"....
Thanks for the lead on HLA...definitely a top contender. Are you running with chains / traction belts or lugged tires?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Not sure it is practical or for everyone, but I'm going to pick up a used truck plow off Craigslist or other cheap source and just make a simple bracket mount with chain/ratchet style lock to go on the H130 bucket. Don't think we are 1/2 mile driveway, but maybe 1/4 mile total from road. Can't imagine a local friend or even a pro shop would charge me much to cut down to 72" and add a few scraps of steel to create the slot to lock over the FEL front edge....
I'm not sure I would recommend a clamp-on mount for a blade. I've been using a loader mounted blade for 20 years. I back drag a lot, more every year it seems. A blade held on with chains and load binders, ratchet straps, etc may not be up to that task.

·
Registered
13,442 Posts
Grumka; if u really want to go that route, go to u-tube and look up a guy by the name Dan Rogers. HE HAS A yanmar filb and he fabbed up extactly what u want to do. he had to change a few things , but I think he has it just right now, and he's not into it for a fornation. just wacth the videos on snowplow and ur see how and what he used, no small truck plow for him, and his plow came craigs list too. big jim

Reactions: Grumpka

·
Registered
346 Posts
Grumpka, I am currently working on a plow (5' Yanmar) for my 1025r. I bought it on Craigslist. Got a 6' blade, 5' blade with mount, 2 hyd steering cylinders, 1 lift cylinder, 4 hyd lines all brand new . I am going the pop the loader bucket and pickup my Artillian fork frame with plow mount and out the door and plow. This is progress so far. Either plow drops on the V on the mount and is held on with a spring pin.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,253 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Thanks for the lead on HLA...definitely a top contender. Are you running with chains / traction belts or lugged tires?
I have grooved R4's. With my mix of paved and unpaved my indoor parking and the necessity to add wheel spacers I'm trying to avoid chains at all costs.

Without the grooved tires I struggled a bit with the plow (though the whole setup was new to me so that may have contributed as much or more to my issues) but can now do most straight line plowing in 2wd. Pushing up piles, going around corners with a plow full, etc still requires 4wd, but I can manage that.

If you really want to go bigger the chains may indeed help some, however there is the weight issue to contend with as well. A 1 or even 2 series only weighs so much and can only push and pile so much heavy snow before it gets pushed around. The weight has to be in the right places too-I run the 46 hoe all summer, but before the first snow off it comes and I switch to a loaded Ballast box. I found with the hoe on the back I couldn't put any down-pressure on the plow as the weight of the hoe would tip me back. The BB is heavy but it's also more useful weight as it's closer to the back axle instead of hanging feet off the back like the hoe.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
1 - 12 of 12 Posts