Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all.. Looking at a clamp on bucket plow (I'm not getting the JD 54" plow - I need to be able to use my loader arms for lifting and pushing and I don't want a front or rear blower).. My reason for a plow over a blower is simple.. I get way more little snow falls (like every other day In the dog days of winter). They are to much to ignore, but not enough to justify snow blowing.. I do have a good 30" walk behind for the times when I do need a blower.. Over the winter with these near daily snow falls, drifting and of course the big snow falls.. I am convinced I would simply get more use out of a plow on my tractor than a blower.. It is absolutely critical that I am able to push and lift snow over large snow banks.. The JD plow or one like it is an absolute no go as it cannot lift high.. Here's a typical scene.. I leave for work at 7am.. So out I go 30 to 40 mins early to go at it with a shovel and rush to give myself a lane to drive out.. Good excersise to start the day.. But stressful to get it done in time.. The Main driveway is a 40x40 concrete pad and then another 100ft single lane of dirt.. I only shovel my way off the concrete and just drive over the snow on the dirt part as I like to pack it down anyway unless there's drifting or a larger snow fall of course. Then I use the blower to give myself a lane..Then get home in the evening and finish it off.. It sucks.. But 9 out of 10 times I suck it up and shovel which as mentioned is time consuming and exhausting day after day after day.. While shopping around I've come across a unit from a company called "earth & turf".. Come to find out that they actually have a quick attach option for JD and Kubota tractors.. The obvious upside is that I can connect and disconnect it the same as we all do with our buckets.. The huge down side as usual for us Canadian's is that it's a u.s company so the exchange on the money is insane.. This friggin thing is gonna cost me nearly $2500 to get to my door.. So now that I've bored you all with my long winded explanation for this.. Do any of you know of a more economical quick hitch compatible snow plow for the 1 series?..

·
Administrator
17,970 Posts
A "snow pusher" might fit the bill nicely.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
A company called "Compact Tractor Attachments" from near Green bay Wisc. has a 72' quick attach snow pusher that quite a few GTT members have. Its around 1300$ the web site is: ctattachments.com

·
Registered
123 Posts
I bought a used ATV plow and fab'd up a frame to make it work in place of the bucket. It still pivots manually. Works ok. Not really heavy enough but great for light snow falls. I use it at least as much as the JD front plow or blower. I need the loader for moving firewood so using this is easier than pulling the loader off for just a little snow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
43 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
It seems like this would be the easiest DIY you could imagine.
Either a CL or other cheapo blade,,, a little fab,,, and enjoy!! :good2:

This would top out at $500, even in CDN dollars.

You could buy a welder, and still be ahead!! :flag_of_truce:

·
Super Moderator
5,101 Posts
I use the Artillian setup with my Deere 54" plow but it sounds like a snow pusher with JDQA might be right up your alley.

If I was going to buy one I'd look at the ZMI.

·
Registered
126 Posts

·
Registered
1,973 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
I was looking at these, getting it over the border sounds like a pain in the ass.

Grattex

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah.. I looked at this but I think you have to already have the JD plow and the artillian set up is in addition to it is it not?.. Would be even more money than the earth & turf set up..

·
Registered
126 Posts
Here is the one I was looking for. The second one down on this website. The HLA1000 54"
The JD and Kobota dealers have them around here. The JD ones hook up like the quick connect bucket. They have a 2" square tubing one sliding inside the other, for adjustment right or left of straight. Just pull a pin and move it. Or you can get a hydraulic kit. I'm going to have one for the early snow falls. Hate blowing half my driveway on the lawn, better to push it up in one heap at the end of the driveway.

http://www.walcoequipment.com/file/walco_snowblades_hla.pdf

·
Registered
123 Posts
Yeah.. I looked at this but I think you have to already have the JD plow and the artillian set up is in addition to it is it not?.. Would be even more money than the earth & turf set up..
Correct. You need the JD plow set up plus the artillian pieces including extra hydraulics. Not cheap but very nice. I have been building my collection and have a plow set up and artillian forks. This plow kit would be a nice option.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Here is the one I was looking for. The second one down on this website. The HLA1000 54"
The JD and Kobota dealers have them around here. The JD ones hook up like the quick connect bucket. They have a 2" square tubing one sliding inside the other, for adjustment right or left of straight. Just pull a pin and move it. Or you can get a hydraulic kit. I'm going to have one for the early snow falls. Hate blowing half my driveway on the lawn, better to push it up in one heap at the end of the driveway.

Does anyone know a dealer in the states that sells or can get the HLA 1000 Series snow blades??

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
A company called "Compact Tractor Attachments" from near Green bay Wisc. has a 72' quick attach snow pusher that quite a few GTT members have. Its around 1300$ the web site is: ctattachments.com
CTA Smow Pusher.

IMG_0553.jpg

·
Registered
517 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

That one does look good.. Did you reach to them for a price?..

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Going with our system would be roughly the same initial cost but for the money, you could also use our setup for forks, grapple, the front hoe bucket, etc. Spend the money on that plow, and that's all you get. Looks nice sitting there in the way all summer waiting for something to do.

:bigbeer:

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
Very weak attachment scheme and VERY slow angling for $2000.
I agree. The Artillian plow solution would be much more functional than that. If you are concerned about the plow width, the Artillian rubber 'wings' make the 54 plow at least a foot wider. Perfect for the 1-series, even when angled.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts