Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This video may be out of season but I thought I'd share it. A couple of things come to mind. This guy is really moving some snow. There's some good cinematography and nice scenery as well. Reminds me of some of the snowmobile trails in between Errol & Pittsburg, NH and Canada.

Ultimate Snow Plowing Machine

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
They really have their moldboard contour perfected. Get up some speed and curl that snow away.

·
Registered
3,929 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,060 Posts
Most of the scenes in both videos are very interesting. How do they know where the road is? They are traveling very fast (I suspect the videos are shown at faster speed than actual). There are no markers. Even on my property after 18 years, I end up off the driveway if I'm not careful. And I move pretty slow when I'm not sure where the edge is. There are a few scenes where they have a guard rail or fence as a reference, but there are many others where there is no visible reference point.

My wife has a cousin in Texas with a monstrous JD tractor with military grade GPS installed, accurate to within an inch or so. He has it programmed to know every row on the fields he works. For example, when applying bug spray, he says it's very hard for him to turn the tractor around and get it lined up on the right set of rows. If he misses a row (or two) with the spray, the bugs eat them. If he sprays a row (or two) twice, he wastes the pesticide and it's expensive. So basically he starts the program and then sits there as the GPS guides the tractor through the entire job. The tractor turns itself around at each end of the field and lines itself up on the right set of new rows. He says his only job is to stop the tractor if somebody or something gets in its way. Perhaps these plows have a similar system.

I climbed the ladder and took a look in the cab of his tractor. I've been in airplane cockpits that were much simpler.

He asked about my tractor. When I described it to him, he noted that his wife's lawnmower had more horsepower.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
Bubber--i think u hit the nail on the head with how this video showed how much trouble he had just bustig that small drift. now-if he would of had some chains on, a little weight on back would helped too. and i couldn't figure out why he didn't use his individual brakes to help out at the drift, instead he kept locking the rear together, and sliding sideways.

there are some really good videos on u-tube of big fendt's plowing snow up in some mountain roads in some far away country--i too think they speeded up the action, to make it more dramatic looking to watch-ha!!

Reactions: johnH123

·
Premium Member
8,064 Posts
This video may be out of season but I thought I'd share it. A couple of things come to mind. This guy is really moving some snow. There's some good cinematography and nice scenery as well. Reminds me of some of the snowmobile trails in between Errol & Pittsburg, NH and Canada.

In both videos it looks like they were plowing dry powder snow. That was especially noticeable in the first video with the numerous sun glint sparkles on the snow.

Did you notice the one tractor has a rotating seat to allow plowing in reverse without looking over your shoulder?

I liked the chick in the cab. :lovetongue: Oh yeah, I also noticed the tractor had coil springs on the front axle.

·
Registered
12,637 Posts
I liked the chick in the cab. :lovetongue: Oh yeah, I also noticed the tractor had coil springs on the front axle.
:lol: iguess u thought her ear piece phone was sexy:laugh: huh :hide: :lolol:

Reactions: mjncad and johnH123

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55

·
Super Moderator
8,198 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is the beast in snow blowers I've seen.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H_UvCTY6SBc
No doubt they make a great machine but you'd think their video would show it moving more than a couple of inches of dry, powder snow. Show it busting the first, full-width pass in 24" of heavy, wet, New England snow like I do with my 47 SB of the front of the 2320. Then I'll be impressed.:unknown:

Reactions: BigJim55 and tj1

·
Registered
3,929 Posts
No doubt they make a great machine but you'd think their video would show it moving more than a couple of inches of dry, powder snow. Show it busting the first, full-width pass in 24" of heavy, wet, New England snow like I do with my 47 SB of the front of the 2320. Then I'll be impressed.:unknown:
Yea that was my disappointment but love the concept of how it works.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
417 Posts

You can't do this.... you gotta KNOW someone is drawing up plans on this one already and it'll probably end up on the Fabrication Forum any day now.... You can't throw a rope out in this crowd because we have cowboys here!

-Lou
:laugh::laugh:

Reactions: Superglidesport

·
Registered
740 Posts
I'm not going to deny how impressive the equipment in the video was. In 30 seconds, my driveway would be totally clear... but where's the fun in that? :laugh:

I wouldn't be surprised to see someone coming up with some sort of home-grown speed plow either. In fact, I'm really hoping it will happen.

The only thing that concerns me about loader mounted plows is side-loading the boom. I've spun around more than enough times in truck and fame-mounted tractor plows to understand the amount of force generated when the end of the blade clips a hard packed snow bank or some other solid object.

·
Registered
387 Posts
In Finland there is plenty of snow to be able to plow fast all season long. The tractor in the first video is supposed to be the fastest tractor produced today. Not sure on that but my friend who lives in Sweden has a Lamborghini tractor. Wonder how fast that is!

·
Premium Member
8,064 Posts
Lamborghini started out making tractors after the war, and then got into sports cars after he had a pissing contest with Enzo Ferrari.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts