Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 1720 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems to always come up so figured I'd start it. Did I mention Pictures!

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I'm having a rough time deciding....but will probably go with an 84" blower. That 2" we got year before last almost did me in.:flag_of_truce:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm having a rough time deciding....but will probably go with an 84" blower. That 2" we got year before last almost did me in.:flag_of_truce:
Would that be wide or tall? Make sure you post up the pictures! ...........................I knew I was in trouble with you the minute I hit submit.:lol::lol:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
While i will not be taking care of the new 1000' driveway this year, I will be next year. My snow push will be unusable for that distance. I am looking for a rear blower to add to the 4720 and getting a front FEL plow. But the 5075M is always an option.........

·
Registered
914 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
11,417 Posts
445 with 54 blade. 2320 and 200CX for anything over a foot.

I am hoping that I don't have to use either of them.

·
Super Moderator
7,918 Posts
2305 Curtis Cab with a 47 blower. Have the 2720 with 200CX for clearing some drifts if necessary.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
For the light stuff, 5' back blade:

Snow Removal 2012-10-27 (2) (Custom).jpg

For the stuff to pile if needed, the FEL bucket:

Snow Removal 2012-10-27 (3) (Custom).jpg

And for the serious stuff, 5' Allied Farm King rear snow blower:

Snow Removal 2012-10-27 (5) (Custom).jpg

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Yup. Snow is a four letter word here.:lol:

·
Premium Member
14,145 Posts
Have 54" front angle blade on tractor now. If needed can change over to front mount 47" blower or FEL 54 " bucket or 5' rear blade.. If this winter is like last winter might only need to use frt blade..and maybe blower one time.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Have 54" front angle blade on tractor now. If needed can change over to front mount 47" blower or FEL 54 " bucket or 5' rear blade.. If this winter is like last winter might only need to use frt blade..and maybe blower one time.
I plowed snow one time last winter, very unusual winter last year.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
1026r / 54" blower, a atv with a 54" plow , and 2 walk behind snowblowers.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Pictures were requested, some are falling short on that one....:nunu:

JD 318 with 54" front blade.
Snow blower for the 318, and here are pix of the modified shoes for both the blower and the plow. I don't have a welder so I had to contract that out. The extra surface area is so I can use these on gravel. The trailer jacks on the blower are waiting for enough snow they can be field tested- those and the big shoes should work...

Finally, I ordered the FEL for my 4520 and also ordered the Deere front plow with hydrolic angling. The idea of plowing in a cab has more appeal as the years go on. I need to come up with a solution that lets me float that on gravel without any problems, no doubt the subject of a future post.

All I need is a month or so to get the new stuff in, and then some snow. 12 to 16 inches would be just right...

Pete

Attachments

·
Registered
50 Posts
Im gonna break the normal tractor theme.......2011 GMC 3500hd 1 ton dump with a 8.5' V plow....
If we get too much, I'll use the 3320 and FEL to move the piles around...

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
The Blower I bought last year. Hope we get more snow to use it !

I did get a video of the first time out. The snow was was wet and heavy. Even my neighbors with blowers had someone with a truck come and plow it.

·
Registered
714 Posts
This year will be the 3320. Put the hooks up on the box blade and hopefully it will be up for the job. I still have a back blade from my old 670 but its only 5'. I can pick it up if need be with the FEL. Waiting on sandy to hit here in West Virginia.

photo-138.jpg

Here is the old 670 I recently traded in.

IMG_0455.jpg
IMG_4467.jpg

Hopefully it doesnt get this bad!
snow111.jpg

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
The Blower I bought last year. Hope we get more snow to use it !

I did get a video of the first time out. The snow was was wet and heavy. Even my neighbors with blowers had someone with a truck come and plow it.
Looks like it did a fine job.

1 - 20 of 1720 Posts