Green Tractor Talk banner

1701 - 1720 of 1720 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,777 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Picked up this 54" thrower this summer. Dealer had a long-time customer who's wife was going in to assisted care...he was soon to follow. He was selling all his JD equipment.

Added chains and wheel weights.

Can't wait for some snow! Just a dusting so far this season...

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,927 Posts
Not sure I have 3 photos showing when I look but there bigger than the other pictures in the post? Maybe some one will chime in if they see them???

·
Registered
626 Posts
Are your photo links broken, or is it on my end? Thanks
This seems to be an issue when using Tapatalk in the last couple days as the forum has moved to a new system. No clue what the fix is.

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
i see jd's pics a-ok on my laptop too. they just seem darker than from before-i guess. but there showing up on here.

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
Finally took a picture
This is plow set up
other configuration is with 47” snowblower
Bucket full of sand and rocksalt
Helps with steering and ice if needed

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I've got a 24" push broom. If things get really bad, I may have to get a garden shovel. That's unlikely though, if we get 2-3" down here they start closing schools and businesses. :laugh:
I thought if you got snow there, the winds would soon either sweep it away or put it in a huge drift. . .

Treefarmer

·
Registered
5,675 Posts
I saw an ad for this company in Successful Farming. It looks like just the ticket for those worried about marring a drive. Pricey but should work well. https://www.maywes.com/products/poly-cutting-edge-for-plow-blades/

We don't get enough snow to be worth the bucks but for those of you who regularly push snow, it might be worth it.

Treefarmer

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Using this again this year, does well but 16” in one storm plus drifting made it tough.

Two days of 60+ MPH winds after the storm created some drifting.

So I borrowed this and spent half a day moving a 6’ deep drift that had partially melted and refrozen.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's been a fun winter so far. I just picked up the blade last night used for $300. I know it's the wrong color, but couldn't pass up the deal! I have an asphalt and gravel driveway so the skid plates that I bought through Snow Blower Skids for all makes and models have been a life saver! I also highly recommend the JD light kit (pictured). It gets dark so early up in MN.

·
Premium Member
6,054 Posts
Same as in the past, 1953 40S with 5' Ford blade:
HPIM2872.JPG

1980- 2418 Power King with 4' blade:
HPIM2863.JPG

And, if needed 2004-790 with 300 loader:

HPIM2867.JPG

·
Registered
280 Posts
Nothing fancy for snow removal here. Loader and blade. We will get the big snowfalls, but it is usually gone in a week or so. Just need to get the driveway cleared. This does the job nicely (and cost effectively).

1701 - 1720 of 1720 Posts