Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After some run around with the dealer and not liking frontiers snow pusher I’m thinking of making my own 60” snow pusher. There’s nothing used in my area and I don’t know how much I’ll actually use one so $1500 is out of the question.

Was hoping to buy a sheet of 3/16 or 1/8 for both the moldboard and end plates. Should I go with 3/16 or 1/8. As weight is an issue for the little 1025 I don’t want to go any thicker than 3/16

·
Registered
262 Posts
After some run around with the dealer and not liking frontiers snow pusher I’m thinking of making my own 60” snow pusher. There’s nothing used in my area and I don’t know how much I’ll actually use one so $1500 is out of the question.

Was hoping to buy a sheet of 3/16 or 1/8 for both the moldboard and end plates. Should I go with 3/16 or 1/8. As weight is an issue for the little 1025 I don’t want to go any thicker than 3/16
I have a 72" pusher and I believe it weighs around 550 lbs, no problem for my 1025R. IIRC the moldboard was 3/16 but the sides were pretty beefy, maybe even 1/2"?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Made mine... rubber cutting edge, all 1/8 material except
skies. PM me if you want mre info
Great work. Hoping to get away with 1/8” as it’s 80$ cheaper for a 4x8 sheet than 3/16. What width did you go with? I feel like 60” is small but so are my expectations for the 1025s capabilities

·
Registered
79 Posts
Mine started life as a 72 inch build but got concerned it was going to be too much for the machine so I scaled it down to 5’ 6”. It is taller than production models standing 28” high. Has not seen a ton of use but what it has saw it has not disappointed me. Are you going to use rubber cutting edge?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mine started life as a 72 inch build but got concerned it was going to be too much for the machine so I scaled it down to 5’ 6”. It is taller than production models standing 28” high. Has not seen a ton of use but what it has saw it has not disappointed me. Are you going to use rubber cutting edge?
Nope I’m probably one of the very few (I probably stand alone) that like steel edges. I’ve never had an issue with them. They are ease to come by and affordable. I’ve had them on trucks, skidsteers and the 54” blade on the 1025 used commercially for years without any problems.

Blast them off with the plasma cutter or torch and weld the new one on. With the distance I cover with my equipment rubber or plastic wouldn’t last long and I’d be spending a fortune replacing them constantly

·
Registered
79 Posts
Nope I’m probably one of the very few (I probably stand alone) that like steel edges. I’ve never had an issue with them. They are ease to come by and affordable. I’ve had them on trucks, skidsteers and the 54” blade on the 1025 used commercially for years without any problems.

Blast them off with the plasma cutter or torch and weld the new one on. With the distance I cover with my equipment rubber or plastic wouldn’t last long and I’d be spending a fortune replacing them constantly
To each your own... but I run a 14 ft push box at work since 2010 with no issues with the rubber. I agree the steel cuts packed snow bettet but the rubber being flexable is more forgiving. If you ever hit a manhole cover at speed with a non-trip plow it gives a new meaning to “windshield time” lol

·
Registered
614 Posts
Picked up the blade from the pusher yesterday. I cut a piece of 3/16 that is 2’ x 5’ and had it rolled. Working on a piece of mdf to figure out what to do for end plates
Got any updates on this?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think I posted somewhere else. I ended up going 60” using the 3/16 steel. I’m happy with how it turned out. Haven’t really gotten the chance to use it much due to lack of snowfall or decent accumulation

Attachments

·
Registered
614 Posts
Well, i hope you get some snow soon, so you can test it out and report back. Because it looks freaking awesome man!!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Made mine... rubber cutting edge, all 1/8 material except skies. PM me if you want mre info
Nice work looks factory. :bigthumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts