Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1025R that i am considering building or purchasing a snow pusher to help with my snow removal at my shop. I would like any input from the group on size,weight and any pros and cons of using a pusher instead of my 53" bucket and 60" box scrape. Thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I picked up an HLA 1500 54". I was able to look at other sizes at the dealer. The 54" appeared 'right sized' for my 1025R, and although I have not yet pushed snow, it feels "right size" when I drove around with it a bit. The 54" will suit my needs, and I don't expect the tractor to have any trouble.

There was a recent post about this on the 1025R facebook group, and one gent had a 60" and he said he struggled without chains in heavy snow.

With the backdrag, I think this one is about 350 pounds.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I’m working on one at the moment. Still have some grinding to do then painting. I went with 60” it’s about 24” tall and 24” deep. Metal cutting edge.

Overall I’m about 500$ in materials using 3/16 plate, a 2lb spool of welding wire and a decent chunk of welding and scrap I had around. Haven’t got the power bill from welding and plasma cutting. I also paid to get the blade part rolled.

So far I’m around 15hrs into the project

Attachments

·
Premium Member
461 Posts
I’m working on one at the moment. Still have some grinding to do then painting. I went with 60” it’s about 24” tall and 24” deep. Metal cutting edge.

Overall I’m about 500$ in materials using 3/16 plate, a 2lb spool of welding wire and a decent chunk of welding and scrap I had around. Haven’t got the power bill from welding and plasma cutting. I also paid to get the blade part rolled.

So far I’m around 15hrs into the project

Whoa, bada$$! I'm constantly amazed at the skills folks around here have. I wish I had wood or metal working skills like that.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I havnt used the pusher yet but have run them of skidsteers. They’re completely different then a bucket or angling blade. Depending on your property and how you clear snow they are very efficient.

·
Premium Member
6,064 Posts
Nice fab work. Looks great.

Reactions: PaDave

·
Registered
60 Posts
I havnt used the pusher yet but have run them of skidsteers. They’re completely different then a bucket or angling blade. Depending on your property and how you clear snow they are very efficient.
Your project is a thing of beauty. I hope to see pics of it in action.

Reactions: dombougie

·
Registered
2,792 Posts
Looks great man! Like factory made.:good2:

·
Registered
453 Posts
I have a 60" HLA snow pusher with the optional back drag blade. I use it on my 1025R, in conjunction with a SB64 3 pt blower. I'm well pleased with the job that both do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts