Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We are expecting our first snow this week and the forecast at this time says we should get 5-8 inches. It is going to be a great time to try out my 54SB and new HDAP tires for the first time.

EXCEPT that I am on vacation this week where the average temperature is going to be in the 70's.

·
Registered
741 Posts
I'd be perfectly happy if my snowblower was never used. Enjoy your vacation!

·
Registered
401 Posts
We are expecting our first snow this week and the forecast at this time says we should get 5-8 inches. It is going to be a great time to try out my 54SB and new HDAP tires for the first time.

EXCEPT that I am on vacation this week where the average temperature is going to be in the 70's.

I will take mid-60's and no bugs year round. Try not to get all the Honey-do's done in one week. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Yeah, snowing at home and I'm 200 miles away at training.
Was using the loader before I left and didn't get time to put the blower back on.
Guess the wife is going to have to use the bucket to clear the driveway...

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts
We are driving up to MA on Wednesday...maybe right into the storm!

P5, what's your garage door code? I'll come by and play with the tractor for you on Tuesday :mocking:

·
Registered
2,015 Posts
We are driving up to MA on Wednesday...maybe right into the storm!

P5, what's your garage door code? I'll come by and play with the tractor for you on Tuesday :mocking:
Hey Ken,

I'll be home, your welcome to swing by and do the snowblowing for me. Because of the elevation here, our forecast is for 18-24 inches w/blizzard conditions for almost 2 days.

Us hillfolk get it bad with these Nor' Easter as the winds will turn our side into the windward side, which because the air cools as it rises, makes the snow fluffier so we always add 6 inches to every foot they forecast for the flatlanders...

·
Registered
439 Posts
I took my chains off a couple of weeks ago. The upside is that I was then able to groove my rear tires, so I guess that I'll get a chance to see how that works.

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Only plowed twice. Last time December 17th. Took blade off three weeks because it was always in the way in garage. Left quick hitch still on so this afternoon I put the blade back on. 5-7" expected here. We will see. :yahoo::yahoo:

·
Administrator
18,004 Posts
Hey Ken,

I'll be home, your welcome to swing by and do the snowblowing for me. Because of the elevation here, our forecast is for 18-24 inches w/blizzard conditions for almost 2 days.

Us hillfolk get it bad with these Nor' Easter as the winds will turn our side into the windward side, which because the air cools as it rises, makes the snow fluffier so we always add 6 inches to every foot they forecast for the flatlanders...
Wow Tom how generous of you to offer :laugh:

We may postpone our trip for a week-this storm looks like the real deal and we'd be driving right into it-towing a trailer no less.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Wow Tom how generous of you to offer :laugh:

We may postpone our trip for a week-this storm looks like the real deal and we'd be driving right into it-towing a trailer no less.
I think postponing your trip is a smart choice.
It sucks driving in the northeast on a nice day.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I think this storm is partially my fault. I took the snowplow off my M last week on Thursday morning. When I checked the forecast that morning, it was clear. Every time I've checked it since, it has gotten snowier. This isn't the first time that this has happened. :flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I think postponing your trip is a smart choice.
It sucks driving in the northeast on a nice day.
You got that right. Thursday night into Friday we got a little bit of snow. It was only 3"-4" that accumulated mostly on the grass. The couple days before were unseasonably warm so almost nothing stuck to the roads. Seen on the news that Allentown had a 25 car pileup on the Hamilton St bridge.

If the roads were only wet why would the bridge be different? LOL (sarcasm)

·
Super Moderator
8,053 Posts
It's going to be interesting to see how this week turns out with the storm that's been forecasted. Some reports mention the possibility of it being pushed out into the ocean which would be nice.

I'm supposed to be attending the Northeast Automotive Show at the Meadowlands, NJ over the weekend. Planning on driving out on Friday morning and hoping for everything to be cleaned-up & clear for the trip.

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
You got that right. Thursday night into Friday we got a little bit of snow. It was only 3"-4" that accumulated mostly on the grass. The couple days before were unseasonably warm so almost nothing stuck to the roads. Seen on the news that Allentown had a 25 car pileup on the Hamilton St bridge.

If the roads were only wet why would the bridge be different? LOL (sarcasm)
Yeah, that was the nice March snow. Everything melted on roads and sidewalks.
This one tomorrow is going to have every single flake that falls from first to last stick i am thinking. Been real cold for a few days now.

Have to put plow back on 1025 today. Then bring in the wagon load of standing dead firewood i cut last week. Gonna be an inside day tomorrow i'm thinking.:flag_of_truce:

IMG_8267.JPG

·
Premium Member
4,406 Posts
Ken, I'm only 10 miles from I-84 and the mass pike. Please stop by (if you're headed that way), a little help is never refused, and I have plenty of scotch. By Wednesday it will be all cleaned up around here, you'll be safe. Frank predicts it will go out to sea.. I Hope he's right! Jeff

·
Registered
295 Posts
Stop by my place first

Ken, I'm only 10 miles from I-84 and the mass pike. Please stop by (if you're headed that way), a little help is never refused, and I have plenty of scotch. By Wednesday it will be all cleaned up around here, you'll be safe. Frank predicts it will go out to sea.. I Hope he's right! Jeff
Ken,

Forget the 84 route. Keep on 91 N. and stop at my place first. right on the edge of the Berkshires. When you are done clearing my place you can then head on over to Jefftaylor's place to help him out.

I'll have a big ol steak for you.

Steve

·
Registered
502 Posts
Hoping spring is starting early here. Had a great weekend in the Sierras. Temps were in the 70's Sat and Sun. Got some seat time in the new hot tub and just lazy work all weekend. No tractor time though. Next weekend for sure.

Be careful all you Nor Easterners. My mom is in upstate NY and I worry about her when the weather turns evil like this.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Plowed this morning for the third time this year. last time was December 17th we have about 4" here.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts