Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, new to tractor forums here. Just got my first lawn tractor. Model 314 John Deere.
Was sitting for many years but I was able to get back into working condition.
My question for anyone that can help is any information on a snow thrower attachement compatibility. I have a 37A model available for purchase and am unsure if it would fit. To that effect I haven't been able to find any useful or conclusive information online.
Anyone out there know anything?
Also anything relating to manuels. Maintenance or otherwise on the 314?

·
Premium Member
7,480 Posts
For the 314, you need a model 49 blower ----------------------- & a cab!

Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Lawn Grass

I've modified mine with an electric window motor for the chute rotation: Motor vehicle Yellow Vehicle Auto part Machine

& an electric actuator for the spout control: Yellow Vehicle Car
Toggles in the cab: Yellow

The 37A fits the flat fender 110's & 112's & the 200 series.

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
49 blower, It's nice to have a cab, but I like to know the wind speed and brushing the snow off myself.:cold:

Reactions: HydroHarold

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Nicely done X2 Grnspot. That is awesome.

I cant view the link but I will say, I was under the impression the 37A would work on 300 series tractors. If it wont fit my 316 I may as well sell my 37A.

The model 49 and the proper belt for any/all of the following tractors: 120/140/300/321/314/316k/317/318/322/330/332

Here is a pic of the 49 from the back side:

here is a late square chute 49 on my '71 120:

Reactions: T-Mo

·
Registered
7,046 Posts
Travis, that looks like new compared to any of mine lol

If you buy a 49 try to get the correct arm for the chute control. If you look at Travis' pictures, the arm for the 140 is a little different than what you need. The one you need will have the little inward tab like Travis', but will have a single hole for a 1/4 inch bolt. They are not hard to make, it's just easier to get the correct piece if the guy has it.

Buy one, use it for a year and then maybe we'll talk about mods. They work great stock, but they can be modified.

Reactions: Trav1s

·
Premium Member
651 Posts
What these guys said . The 37a is for the later 110-112s & the 200 series . While the gear drives & hydrostatics may look similar they actually have very little in common . Almost none of the attachments will interchange . And trying to rework it so it would fit would be about 1 1/2 steps short of re-inventing the wheel .

Travis , I'm just curious , does the 12hp in your 120 bring enough muscle to work that # 49 well ? You have the same engine as my '74 112 w/ about 21% more snow thrower width . :hijacked:

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
FWIW - That blower was originally used on a 318 for one season then stored for almost 20 years. It was gifted to me for the large sum of $0.00 which lead to me picking up a hydro tractor, the 120 in the pics. I creatively adapted the mount that was on chute control to fit the 120/140 with carriage bolts and some old shock absorber rubber isolators. I used it 3 times then tore the 120 down to repaint. It is now waiting to be installed on my 312 that is getting the KillerKohler build.

Out here in Iowa those 49s show up quite often. I would expect them to be common in New York too. Good luck on your search.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.