Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK had snow blower on, wanted to use loader. took off snow blower and quick hitch, tried to put loader on leaving Mid PTO shaft and front bracket on the tractor. The stand tube for the loader hit the bottom of the bracket and would to allow the loader to click into place on the brackets...looks like taking about 1" of steel off the bottom of the bracket would give just enough room to get the loader to lock in place.
Sooo
a) has anyone tried this? trimming the bracket?
b) not a good idea, don't be lazy and remove all snowblower parts before using loader

Thoughts....Thx

·
Premium Member
11,388 Posts

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for link, I do remember that thread, now that I see it again, but 2 issues with that thread for me are, bend done on a 2720, and some people w/ the 1 series had issue w/ loader and mower after bending stand....On my bracket I think I have enough room to cut some steel off and still make it fit....Do not think it would compromise the strength of the bracket....wondering if anyone had gone that route.

·
Administrator
17,541 Posts
I have not seen or heard of it being done on the 2210/2305 or the older 4100/4110/4115 machines.

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
I'll be waiting with grinder in hand for the definitive answer on this also!:laugh: I never in all my machinery days saw a "quick attaching" device need so many "quick attaching" parts as my 54 blade! It's in 4 distinct disconnectable assemblies... AND, now it just don't lift high enough and it "used to be" too narrow but that is fixed now!:laugh:

(Really though, :laugh: I understand all of these "assemblies/adapters" make it possible for JD not to have to redesign that same ol' plow for 79 other different tractor models. Certainly it's profitable in the long run.):flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update on modifications

With the assistance of my friend "Tractor Dan" we cut the bracket so the PTO driveline can be left on the tractor while using the loader.

this is where the loader stand was hitting the PTO bracket.
photo 1.JPG

Tractor Dan, cutting and grinding
photo 1-1.JPG photo 2-1.JPG

Bracket after cuts made
photo 1-2.JPG

Bracket on tractor, loader attached
View attachment 26138 photo 3-2.JPG

So now I can leave PTO drive line on tractor, drop the snowblower and get the loader to lock in place...Just need to do a little clean up grinding and paint.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
1023e/1025r ??

Has anyone performed this maneuver on the newer style quick park FEL's on a 1023e/1025r? I too am lazy and do not want to lay on my back to remove the driveline.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts