Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
was wondering if anyone has come up with something to cover protect the plug in on front of the 1025r during the summer months as it is right down in the dust and dirt. thanks

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
The best answer is:

Remove that stupid sensor and wiring harness from the blower completely, and bypass the RIO switch.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I've only taken mine off for the first time this spring, but I thought there was a dummy holder plug up front to store it in for the summer.

Do you not have that, or are you finding the plug gets dirty in that holder too?

If the holder dummy plug isn't there, I would look to buy a end like the one on the blower itself, and put that on. You can seal the wire holes with silicone.

·
Administrator
17,982 Posts

·
Registered
377 Posts
Mine came with one... ...Kinda...

I couldn't believe Deere would leave an unprotected connector exposed.

After I asked the dealer where the cover was... they went and found one for me.

I also couldn't believe Deere would just leave that swingin' in the breeze, but I guess that's the norm.

I zip tied the cover to one of the quick attach bracket bolts.

·
Registered
2,022 Posts
The factory harness/build has the plug for the blower sensor along side of the engine block, just under the alternator. It has a dumby/protective cover on it from the factory. When the front PTO is added, there is an extension harness from that plug to the sensor. The plug a the end of the extension is the same as that on the factory harness. So, common sense would have the installer moving the dumby plug to the end of the extension harness or placing it in a zip lock bag in the tool box, for the owner. That's what I do.

However, as we have seen time and time again, some of these dealer installers' knuckles drag on the ground when they walk.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts