Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tractor and snow blower working great but I do have a question and hope there is a work around.

I start the tractor 1500 rpm and engage the pto and then run it up to 3000. Then I blow a little but need to back up. So I have to throttle down to 1500 disengage pto back up and then start the circle over. .....

Am I doing something wrong or is this the actual way it was intended? Seems I am wasting a lot of time ..... but still love it :lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
Once you're at PTO speed there's no need to reduce rpm's to reverse direction. That's the beauty of a hydrostatic drive.

I'm assuming your rig has the RIO "Feature." :banghead:

Just make sure you pull up on the PTO knob momentarily before engaging reverse to prevent stalling the engine.

·
Administrator
20,915 Posts
You can also make sure the front PTO speed sensor located on the front quick hitch is plugged in. This bypasses RIO for you.

·
Super Moderator
8,158 Posts
You can also make sure the front PTO speed sensor located on the front quick hitch is plugged in. This bypasses RIO for you.
Good tip Jason. :good2:

I wasn't aware as my older 47 SB and Quick Hitch were used on the new 2032R with RIO. There's no sensor and harness on the QH. :hi:

·
Administrator
20,915 Posts
Superglidesport;2455609I wasn't aware as my older 47 SB and Quick Hitch were used on the new 2032R with RIO. There's no sensor and harness on the QH. :hi:[/QUOTE said:
But the OP’s tractor does. :good2: :drinks:

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks

Thanks for the advice. I will check and see if it is plugged in.

The thing is I had the dealer come down and hook it all up to make sure everything worked as it should.

I never thought to try backing up to see if it would shut off........:banghead:

Reactions: rw580

·
Registered
748 Posts
Just an FYI, you may already have all you need to "fix" the problem...........

DSCF8553.JPG

·
Registered
125 Posts
Reactions: ejb69 and rw580

·
Registered
1,108 Posts
Just an FYI, you may already have all you need to "fix" the problem...........

View attachment 508705
It probably cost JD $500,000 to invent the RIO and this expensive switch. With American ingenuity it cost $.025 to disable it. Got to love it. :lol:

Reactions: ErikR

·
Registered
748 Posts
USAFRet, I sent you a couple of PMs

This is the pic a wanted to send....

DSCF7866.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts