Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a compatibility question I am hoping someone knows about. I found a somewhat local mid pto JD 47" snowblower (ad says 47", I thought they came 48") with quick attach that is fitted on a 2010 JD 2210 for sale. My question is, will this setup fit my 2015 JD 1025r? Is there anything I need to buy to adapt it or is it a straight crossover?

Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
I believe you'd just need the Quick Attach brackets/mounts for your machine.

·
Premium Member
14,745 Posts
47" is correct if it is a front mount blower.
Do you now own a front mount quick hitch. If not I think you will need a quick hitch , pto drive shaft , the mounting bracket to hold the mid mount shaft.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
47" is correct if it is a front mount blower.
Do you now own a front mount quick hitch. If not I think you will need a quick hitch , pto drive shaft , the mounting bracket to hold the mid mount shaft.

Thanks for the replies.

No, I don't have anything currently. Everything is part of the deal. That's what I'm trying figure out. What items, pto shaft, mounting bracket, (it comes with the quick hitch) etc. will swap over from his tractor to mine.

·
Premium Member
14,745 Posts
Thanks for the replies.

No, I don't have anything currently. Everything is part of the deal. That's what I'm trying figure out. What items, pto shaft, mounting bracket, (it comes with the quick hitch) etc. will swap over from his tractor to mine.
For some reason I don't think quick hitch will work from a 2210 or 2305 on the 1series. Before buying a used 47 blower several years ago I checked with the parts dept and found what would and would not work. Seller had the quick hitch, but I already had it so I just bought the blower.

Also go to John Deere - Parts Catalog
type in the eqpt model # either 2210 2305 1025 or 47 for snowblower.
Hope this helps.

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts
That's what I'm trying figure out. What items, pto shaft, mounting bracket, (it comes with the quick hitch) etc. will swap over from his tractor to mine.

Basically only the blower itself will swap over directly, unless you have the fabrication ability to make the quick-hitch fit your machine.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically only the blower itself will swap over directly, unless you have the fabrication ability to make the quick-hitch fit your machine.
Thank you for the information!

Bummer that only the blower crosses over.

So I guess the question now is, is $2,500 a good price for everything considering only the blower will work on my 1025r?

·
Administrator
18,001 Posts

So I guess the question now is, is $2,500 a good price for everything considering only the blower will work on my 1025r?
I'd say no...I think you can get a new setup for not a whole lot more...and not have a used hitch to try to sell.

·
Registered
947 Posts

$2500 may be a fair price (depending on the condition of the blower) for everything but by the time you add the attachments/brackets for your 1025R, you are looking at another $1,400.

I am just going to throw this out there as the completely depends upon your dealer...when we moved from a 2320 to a 2520, there were a couple of attachments/brackets for the snowblower that were not compatible between the two. My dealer is small...their focus is on lawn and garden tractors along with the 1 and 2 series. Since they are often swapping out brackets for upgrades for customers, I was able to "trade" even over for the front attaching support kit. Again, this all depends on your dealer but I thought I would just throw it out there.

Good luck in your search for a snowblower.

·
Administrator
20,721 Posts
Thank you for saving me some money.:thumbup1gif:
That's a bit unusual around here. Most of the time we spend other people's money at high rates of speed. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts