Premium Member
14,701 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Super Moderator
5,093 Posts
:wgtt:

Ask the seller for the model/serial number off of that blower. If it begins with "GX0422X" then it should be a direct fit for you machine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The serial number does match up with the ones you stated. Thanks so much. Sounds like it should work then

·
Registered
63 Posts
snow thrower

I had a JD single stage snow blower in the past. My opinion, if you are looking at a single stage snow blower, I, personally, think it is a waste of money. Unless JD has changed them dramatically, the blower does not spin fast enough running directly off of the tractor PTO to blow heavy or wet snow, although it is just fine for light, flakey stuff immediately after it reaches the ground. You will get plenty tired of stopping to clear snow jams with a single stage blower. I ended up using the blower more as a snow plow than a blower.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
The blower he's looking at is 2 stage. John Deere also makes a power lift for them. I would look into that also. The long lever to put the 46" plow on my old L108 up & down would give my left arm a real work out. The 44" snow blower also uses the same type of set up.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok thanks. What else would I need. Pretty new to this. He said the weights, and tire chains are included.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a JD single stage snow blower in the past. My opinion, if you are looking at a single stage snow blower, I, personally, think it is a waste of money. Unless JD has changed them dramatically, the blower does not spin fast enough running directly off of the tractor PTO to blow heavy or wet snow, although it is just fine for light, flakey stuff immediately after it reaches the ground. You will get plenty tired of stopping to clear snow jams with a single stage blower. I ended up using the blower more as a snow plow than a blower.
I use a single stage currently. It does well in the wet with a upgraded pully.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
You need a Weight bracket that mounts to the back of the tractor. That will hold 2- 42 pound suitcase weights. That, chains and my fat ass will I ever used. When I sold her I left the weight bracket on for the guy but kept the suitcase weights.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Would anyone possibly have a picture of where the blower attaches to the rider? I think I need some mounting brackets but can't figure out what I all need. Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Yep you will need mounting brackets. I would assume since he is selling the blower he will no longer need the brackets. Otherwise, they are about $70 for the pair.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts