Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,
I have a 1988 180 lawn tractor with the 36" snow blower.

The tractor was given to me so no experience with installing and setting up the snowblower attachment.

I can see how the unit sits on the front frame but the current belt is really long and goes way past the PTO.

I also have two black rods about 30" long that look to attach to the frame and also a double pulley idler with a mounting frame. Not sure these go to the snowblower or another implement but would make sense to take up the belt slack.

Any advice or guidance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Tom IMG_0545.JPG

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have the same setup on my 165. It works well with lighter, fluffier snow; not as well with wet, slushy snow.

The steel bars attach to the sides of the tractor frame and at the front where the deck/snow blade/ blower attach. They're designed to spread the load and take stress of the front mounts. The same bars work with both the snow/gravel blade and blower. They are hard to come by and are no longer manufactured. I had to make a set from flat stock from Home Depot.

The Mule Drive (pulley assembly) attaches at the same points as the rear of the steel bars. The belt routes from the blower to the Mule Drive, around the PTO, back to the Mule, and back to the blower. There's a long spring that attaches to the rear of the Mule Drive for added belt tension.

There's a really good thread about the mounting and belt routing somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the same setup on my 165. It works well with lighter, fluffier snow; not as well with wet, slushy snow.

The steel bars attach to the sides of the tractor frame and at the front where the deck/snow blade/ blower attach. They're designed to spread the load and take stress of the front mounts. The same bars work with both the snow/gravel blade and blower. They are hard to come by and are no longer manufactured. I had to make a set from flat stock from Home Depot.

The Mule Drive (pulley assembly) attaches at the same points as the rear of the steel bars. The belt routes from the blower to the Mule Drive, around the PTO, back to the Mule, and back to the blower. There's a long spring that attaches to the rear of the Mule Drive for added belt tension.

There's a really good thread about the mounting and belt routing somewhere. Let me see if I can find it.
Thanks very much! any info you can direct me toward is appreciated!
TS

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts

1 - 7 of 7 Posts