Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a cause for this.
Snowblower on new 2032R worked fine last month. Got some snow this weekend and the blower raises up like always, but won’t lower. Once tractor is turned off it will lower to its float position (not sure it’s floating now that I think about it). When tractor running and I attempt to lower it, it drops perhaps a millimeter and then stops and bounces back up to its original position.
All connections seem fine. Shute rotates as it should.
Any suggestions before I send it back in to the dealer? Thanks

·
Administrator
18,757 Posts
Unplug the quick disconnects, clean, and then reconnect them.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ll give that a shot. But why will it work when off but not on?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
I’ll give that a shot. But why will it work when off but not on?
If it’s not seated right it’s possible back pressure makes the difference between having a return path, and the seal staying in place.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dealer Got a couple comments after running it by some Deere representative.
Transport Switch needs to not be engaged.
Valve assembly needs to be adjusted correctly.

So here is the valve assembly and those two black discs on top rotate. This assembly takes the hydraulics for the lift/ lower function and splits the oil to each cylinder on the front 3 point hitch. They were both backed out about as far as they go, I turned them a few turns and the blower still will not go down until the engine is off. What is the correct adjustment for the valve assembly? I can not find it anywhere on the internet and the dealer doesn’t know either.
Thanks for suggestions.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Dealer Got a couple comments after running it by some Deere representative.
Transport Switch needs to not be engaged.
Valve assembly needs to be adjusted correctly.
View attachment 724575
So here is the valve assembly and those two black discs on top rotate. This assembly takes the hydraulics for the lift/ lower function and splits the oil to each cylinder on the front 3 point hitch. They were both backed out about as far as they go, I turned them a few turns and the blower still will not go down until the engine is off. What is the correct adjustment for the valve assembly? I can not find it anywhere on the internet and the dealer doesn’t know either.
Thanks for suggestions.
Just spitballing, but does the black knob need to be pulled out?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It doesn’t seem to push or pull, just screws in and out about 5mm. So while trying to pull it out I screwed it all the way down. Then the blower wouldn’t go up or down. So I unscrewed both of them all the way, and it works. Goes up and down.
Thanks for the help. I’m back in business.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Two black discs: I'm thinking the outer disc is your adjustment and the inner disc is simply a locking ring. Screw inner disc out until it JUST contacts outer disc. Turn outer disc in or out, whichever position you're looking for, and then tighten inner dsc down until it locks on valve housing. This will prevent your valve from opening or closing from hyd pressure and/or vibration. Bob

·
Registered
631 Posts
The larger disk is supposed to be a rate adjustment, determining how fast it moves up and down. The smaller is a lock for the rate adjustment. I got caught by the transport lock the first time I tried to use the blower. Went up fine but wouldn't come down. Brushing snow out of my OTC cab inadvertently engaged the transport lock. All those funny symbols meant nothing to me. At that point I had about 20 min on my new tractor and didn't know a &$&^$ thing about how it works. I had to reteach myself about the rate adjustment when I put the blower back on this year.

Reactions: rydplrs
1 - 9 of 9 Posts