Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the market for a 54" blower and quick hitch for my jd2305. What is a fair price for a used unit in good condition?

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
Well, new they are $2500.00 for just the snowblower, but when you add all the things needed to make it work, you at about $4000.00 which includes the front quick-hitch, front driveshaft and front mount, blower driveshaft and upstop.

So, based on the used condition and what is included with the used one depends on what you pay. Just a word of caution, there is more to a front snowblower than just the blower itself. When buying used, be sure to get everything or you will end up buying the missing pieces.

Here is what all you will need. John Deere 54" Quick-Hitch Snow Blower

·
Registered
17 Posts
I just bought a complete 47" used setup for my 2305 from the dealer for $2000 last week. The blower came off a 2210 and is in pretty good condition for a 2004 model. Dealer was not willing to budge on price, but guaranteed all parts were present.

Since a set of tire chains and a Femco heat houser for a 2210 was on the pallet they also included it in the sale.

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
I am in the market for a 54" blower and quick hitch for my jd2305. What is a fair price for a used unit in good condition?
You're more likely to find a used 47SB / Quick Hitch setup for your 2305 based upon age and when the 54SB was introduced. The 54SB is almost too big for the 2305 depending on what type of snow conditions you have. Don't discount purchasing a good used 47SB.

There were early and late style driveshafts for the 2305 w. SB configuration. The early u-joint shafts were prone to excessive vibration. They were revised to include a CV / Constant Velocity joint on both the mid & front driveshafts.

Now's the most expensive time to be shopping for a used SB setup for your rig. Off-season prices are typically lower. I'd say that you're probably looking at spending anywhere from $1500-$2500.

·
Super Moderator
8,146 Posts
I found a 54" blower complete with quick hitch, driveshaft and upstop. It looks like it was never used. They are asking 2900. Does this seem like a good price?
Well, if it's like new condition @ $2900 and new is ~$4000 only you can justify the purchase. Just verify that the quick hitch, up-stop and driveshafts are compatible with your 2305. These parts are unique and model specific.

·
Premium Member
2,140 Posts
I found a 54" blower complete with quick hitch, driveshaft and upstop. It looks like it was never used. They are asking 2900. Does this seem like a good price?
$2900 is a good price if, it is in good condition and all the correct accessories are there. Here is a good resource for snowblower compatibility. Caution, depending on what model tractor the used unit was on, the quick hitch, front PTO driveshaft and impement drive/upstop kit may not fit your tractor.
Used John Deere 47" & 54" Snow Blower Buying Guide

1 - 8 of 8 Posts