Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's everyone running for snowblowers on your machines, if you have them? The ~$3000 they quoted me for a front-mount 54" JD blower seemed like a bit much (blower + front QH), so I was thinking of getting a rear mount one. What are brands people are familiar with and what are your experiences with them?
thanks in advance-
JDfun

·
Registered
106 Posts
What's everyone running for snowblowers on your machines, if you have them? The ~$3000 they quoted me for a front-mount 54" JD blower seemed like a bit much (blower + front QH), so I was thinking of getting a rear mount one. What are brands people are familiar with and what are your experiences with them?
thanks in advance-
JDfun
The 54 is a great unit and worth the cost.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
I am running the 54 front mount. Bear in mind that the mounting can be used for other attachment, for example, I use the front mount 60 brush also. It can also take the 54 blade. If it is only a bit much I would say go for it. You won't look back. :laugh:

·
Registered
32 Posts
thanks in advance-
JDfun
Was the front PTO included in that price?

·
Registered
264 Posts
I have the 54" front mount as well. Haven't had a chance to use it yet.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Snow Blower

After a lot of shopping and research purchased my 2720 with the front Mount 54" Blower.
Since I just got it in April I have not had to use it yet.

But Winter is coming....

Question When Itake the 200CX loader off and put the Snow Blower On should I reduce the amount of Weight in the weight box. I am currently running about 850lbs in the box.
Blower only weighs 350, I was thinking that approx. 400lbs should be enough for winter weight.
When blower is down no weight on Front End the 400 adds to the rear traction weight. When blower up the 400 counter balances the 350 hanging on Front.

What is everyone thoughts on weight?

·
Registered
43 Posts
I also have the 54" front mount and haven't had a chance to use it yet. But I have a feeling this winter we are going to get alot of snow..
:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Question When Itake the 200CX loader off and put the Snow Blower On should I reduce the amount of Weight in the weight box. I am currently running about 850lbs in the box.
Blower only weighs 350, I was thinking that approx. 400lbs should be enough for winter weight.
When blower is down no weight on Front End the 400 adds to the rear traction weight. When blower up the 400 counter balances the 350 hanging on Front.

I use the same weight in the BB for the FEL and the blower, approx. 800lbs. Bear in mind that you have 4WD, locking diff., and steering breaks. All this makes for quite a snow machine. I have had no problems with this combination. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
106 Posts
After a lot of shopping and research purchased my 2720 with the front Mount 54" Blower.
Since I just got it in April I have not had to use it yet.

But Winter is coming....

Correct. I reduce ballast for the front snowblower. This aids in keeping weight on the front to improve steering when the blower is running on the skid shoes.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a 47'' front mounted blower with wings that I made, giving me 54''. Sold the blower with my then 2305 and bought a 2520 this spring with the 54'' front mounted blower and added the wings giving me a total width of 61''. The initial cost of the front mounted blower might seem high in price however as stated you can use the mounting system also for a plow blade, and I know for me I rather be going forward and clearly seeing what I'm doing than backwards. Also not ever doing it I got to say your body will thank you over time. So really for me that extra cost was well worth it, but maybe not for others.

·
Registered
162 Posts
JD
Purchased an Agro Trend 1054 rear mount, 54" for the 1026R....cost was around 1650.00. Haven't had the chance to test yet but reviews on unit seem to be positive.
Cheers

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
JD
Purchased an Agro Trend 1054 rear mount, 54" for the 1026R....cost was around 1650.00. Haven't had the chance to test yet but reviews on unit seem to be positive.
Cheers
We gonna get to see it?:unknown:

·
Banned
747 Posts
Hm, Cdn. MFG. to boot. Sounds like a good cost, I'll have to contact them to see if they have any Maritime dealers. I'm very interested to hear your impressions... Got any links to the reviews?

JD
Cheers

·
Registered
162 Posts
My blower hasn't arrived yet...apparently later this week. Actually spoke to several users of the Agro units at the dealership. There are very close by and seem to get high marks. There's a lot of video on You-Tube of these in action - search "Agro-Trend Snowblower". With the FEL on the front and this on the rear, I should be in great shape when the white stuff shows! I'll also ask the dealer if they have east coast affiliates as well when I see him!

Bob

·
Banned
747 Posts
Hey Bob thanks for the info. Got an email from Agro Sales Manager for Atlantic Canada this morning. He wanted to know where in NS I lived so he could give me name of the closest dealer to me. Keep us updated on it, for sure. Killer price you got and I'm going to see if I can get one for that, if so, I'll probably be getting one...

My blower hasn't arrived yet...apparently later this week. Actually spoke to several users of the Agro units at the dealership. There are very close by and seem to get high marks. There's a lot of video on You-Tube of these in action - search "Agro-Trend Snowblower". With the FEL on the front and this on the rear, I should be in great shape when the white stuff shows! I'll also ask the dealer if they have east coast affiliates as well when I see him!

Bob

·
Registered
771 Posts
I think in high snow areas of the country rear blowers are a better choice on lower HP tractors. Their direct hook up means more power to blow through higher and wetter snow am I wrong?

I wonder if there is a HP to snow formula that considers the height and wetness/weight of snow? If there isn't there should be.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts