Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Banned
820 Posts
Hm, Cdn. MFG. to boot. Sounds like a good cost, I'll have to contact them to see if they have any Maritime dealers. I'm very interested to hear your impressions... Got any links to the reviews?

JD
Purchased an Agro Trend 1054 rear mount, 54" for the 1026R....cost was around 1650.00. Haven't had the chance to test yet but reviews on unit seem to be positive.
Cheers

· Banned
820 Posts
Hey Bob thanks for the info. Got an email from Agro Sales Manager for Atlantic Canada this morning. He wanted to know where in NS I lived so he could give me name of the closest dealer to me. Keep us updated on it, for sure. Killer price you got and I'm going to see if I can get one for that, if so, I'll probably be getting one...

My blower hasn't arrived yet...apparently later this week. Actually spoke to several users of the Agro units at the dealership. There are very close by and seem to get high marks. There's a lot of video on You-Tube of these in action - search "Agro-Trend Snowblower". With the FEL on the front and this on the rear, I should be in great shape when the white stuff shows! I'll also ask the dealer if they have east coast affiliates as well when I see him!

Bob

· Banned
820 Posts
That's my take on it too, plus the extra weight on the rear should help, as well as more traction...

I think in high snow areas of the country rear blowers are a better choice on lower HP tractors. Their direct hook up means more power to blow through higher and wetter snow am I wrong?

I wonder if there is a HP to snow formula that considers the height and wetness/weight of snow? If there isn't there should be.

· Banned
820 Posts
I like your thinking. Fortunatly, I can tell when I've pushed her too far. She's Hungarian, so when she goes off in her native tongue I'm done. She hasn't done that over the blower yet!

Actually I won't be happy till I'm running this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KCqEBdjaXpM

Dellwas.....although the tractor runs relatively quietly, the unadvertised advantage is...you won't be able to hear the wife anyway! So enjoy! (at least until dinner time) ;)

Tackit....I'm on a gravel lane and always hate the sound of rocks shooting out the end of my last Ariens blower. Having the FEL on the front will likely do most of the clearing which avoids the sub-sonic projectiles screaming out the end of the blower.....at least until the base has been set. The combination seems to make sense and never actually thought about the hp side of the equation as a factor and wouldn't know how to calculate either!

I've heard many suggestions that having to turn to look backwards would be a pain but I'm not seeing this as a problem as during normal ops with any rear implement.....I'm constantly turning around anyway! Tillers, tuning plows, etc....all require rearward viewing constantly and the seating on this thing is extremely comfortable.
With the lighting package on the 1026R, the entire area - front, sides and rear are very well lite up!

Cheers

Bob

· Banned
820 Posts
I had an Ariens too, but I seriously doubt it would handle snowdrifts 8-10 ft. high, such as what the train blower was doing. :unknown:

Don't know why the engineer was taking it slow, but they are certainly capable of faster speeds:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=frBh5vO_2g0

And if that doesn't crank your turn, how about a plow:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=srVbUL2KeLY

I love to remove snow, and that would be a fun job for me... Just think of the power, one of the railroads has a jet powered snowblower, 3000 HP!

Still to slow George. For two pounds of past it's expiration date taco meat you get twenty illegals to clear that track in half the time. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

When I lived in the burbs I had a 10 HP Ariens 30" or 32"? snow blower that would kick that front end blowers azz. :lol:

· Banned
820 Posts
Well will know soon enough, dealer is 160 K from me. Regional rep sent him an email to see if he has one in stock for the 2305....

Yup, Halifax International has some big ones too. Reminds me, that way back in '64 or '65 NS got walloped Transportation asked CFB Greenwood to use the big Sicards on Provincial highways, but they soon gave up. They were picking up rocks on the highway and firing them 3-400 hundred feet through people's windows...

Good Luck with that....if we don't hear from you, should we send in the troops? :0

Re the blower video....we have several extremely large units here at the Toronto International Airport that are very impressive to watch and "would be" great fun to operate! Does seem to be a reduction in stray cats around too....not sure if connected! Even the occasional Prius goes missing!

· Banned
820 Posts
Whew, not even close.

Snow blower with manual turner
1048 (48") $2100 plus tax
1054 (54") $2265 plus tax

I'll defintly be passing. Any idea on the weight of these? I just may make a trip with the Jetta wagon and trailer next spring to Ontario... I expected to pay a couple of hundred more for shipping, but $600 extra???

Please be sure to let me know how you make out on the blower. I'm interested to see how close you can get to the same price!

Cheers
Bob

· Banned
820 Posts
Thanks for the offer, and I may just take you up on that, but probably won't get one now till next year. I'll be in touch...

I'm surprised at the difference! Mine just arrived last Friday and it looks great! I'm not sure of weight as the manuals don't identify...but I'd guess between 3 - 400 pounds. Its very heavy gauge material.

If you decide to come up this way, I can check point you to my dealer and see if he'll extend the price to you as well. I did buy 50K worth of tractors and implements between a colleague and I, which I'm sure had some effect on the 1650.00 including shoe kit but ya never know....I'm sure they'd like to sell another one.

· Banned
820 Posts
That's the setup I have on my 2305. Bucket and back blade, and I have a F-350 PSD with plow as well...

$3,000 ? I'd take it. I was just quoted $3400 for a 47" unit, ouch. Don't have a blower but needed one the past two years:snow:. It would be my luck to finallly buy a blower and it would never snow here again. Been using my loader and rear blade the past 7 winters going on 8 and been getting by. It might be better to just get a snowplow on my 4x4 pickup and then I'd be warm while plowing. :think:

· Banned
820 Posts
Ya, definitly a deal, and now I don't feel so bad...

I wound up getting a Frontier 1054. Stupid plowtruck decided to dump the brakes in the last storm and it took 6 hours using the FEL and back blade, so went and bought the blower the next day. Good thing too, stupid truck won't fire up (7.3L Diesel), so it's either going to be sold, or at the very least sit till spring so I can tackle it in warmer weather.

Don't feel bad, $1650 is definitely a great deal with what he spent.

Just received the same blower bought with a 1026r and paid $2026 with the set up. I am also from Ontario so you can really see what a great deal JRS got on his (just a little jealous)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.