Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
I had a 47'' front mounted blower with wings that I made, giving me 54''. Sold the blower with my then 2305 and bought a 2520 this spring with the 54'' front mounted blower and added the wings giving me a total width of 61''. The initial cost of the front mounted blower might seem high in price however as stated you can use the mounting system also for a plow blade, and I know for me I rather be going forward and clearly seeing what I'm doing than backwards. Also not ever doing it I got to say your body will thank you over time. So really for me that extra cost was well worth it, but maybe not for others.

· Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered by 1026 so I am expecting to have it in about three weeks. Unfortunately I did not pony up for the blower for the 1026. I have one for my x300 now, but am trading that in with the 300. I am looking forward to some seat time with the loader but I am slightly fearful that the whole process will be a pain in the rear. I deal with lake effect snow in Western New York, and have been really happy with my current Deere, but my move to a much larger piece of property has necessitated the switch. Any thoughts from y'all?
I live in central ny, 3 miles from lake ontario so I know all about lake affect snow, getting 2 to 4' of snow in just hours at times and it just keeps coming. For that I would never be without a snowblower, whether it's on a tractor or a walk behind, and I do have both. There's been times over the years that I would have to make a couple of passes with the walk behind just to be able to use the tractor. As for me I also have a 6' plow blade to put on the quick hitch on my tractor,that I only use on wet slushy snow. My main driveway is 200' long and if I opened up my garage door in the morning as I have at times in the pass and there was 4' of snow staring at me and all I had was a loader or plow blade to use, it would be a nitemare. I had given thought in the pass as to putting a plow on my truck,but after giving much thought about it I decided that wouldn't work out for me for several reasons. My thought would be on getting the blower for your tractor,however you could try the loader and see how that works out for you. I'm sure you must have a walk behind snowblower, I know most of us new yorkers have a backup of some sort. Good luck and have fun with your new tractor.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.