Green Tractor Talk banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

· Registered
63 Posts
I just ordered by 1026 so I am expecting to have it in about three weeks. Unfortunately I did not pony up for the blower for the 1026. I have one for my x300 now, but am trading that in with the 300. I am looking forward to some seat time with the loader but I am slightly fearful that the whole process will be a pain in the rear. I deal with lake effect snow in Western New York, and have been really happy with my current Deere, but my move to a much larger piece of property has necessitated the switch. Any thoughts from y'all?
I live in central ny, 3 miles from lake ontario so I know all about lake affect snow, getting 2 to 4' of snow in just hours at times and it just keeps coming. For that I would never be without a snowblower, whether it's on a tractor or a walk behind, and I do have both. There's been times over the years that I would have to make a couple of passes with the walk behind just to be able to use the tractor. As for me I also have a 6' plow blade to put on the quick hitch on my tractor,that I only use on wet slushy snow. My main driveway is 200' long and if I opened up my garage door in the morning as I have at times in the pass and there was 4' of snow staring at me and all I had was a loader or plow blade to use, it would be a nitemare. I had given thought in the pass as to putting a plow on my truck,but after giving much thought about it I decided that wouldn't work out for me for several reasons. My thought would be on getting the blower for your tractor,however you could try the loader and see how that works out for you. I'm sure you must have a walk behind snowblower, I know most of us new yorkers have a backup of some sort. Good luck and have fun with your new tractor.

· Registered
4 Posts
No blower

First off I am super excited for the tractor and cannot wait to get some work done with it. Unfortunately I do not have a backup to my current setup and am taking a gamble that I will be ok without the snowblower. I would like one, I am just trying to save the three grand I will have to spend for one (not considering a rear mount). I suppose I will see quickly if the three grand is worth the expense vs dorking around with the loader. Thanks for the reply!

· Corndog Hater
13,176 Posts
Congrats on the 1026R.I am looking forward to my first winter with mine also. I have the 47"blower with extension "wings" making it 57". I wouldn't be without a front mount blower...I live in "the snow belt" between Buffalo and Erie, Pa. I understand the cost factor. I traded an X728, so I had the blower already. I considered getting a new 54" model, but that coupled with the cost of the connecting parts, prompted me to hang on to what I have. But money is money, and whether or not you have a blower is not the end of the world. You will either be ok with the loader, or going to the dealer to order a blower, definitely nothing I would be losing sleep over though...Best wishes, and put up some pics when you get it.:thumbup1gif:

· Registered
745 Posts
Doug

54" on Deere 2305 works great and realy throws the snow.

Doug

· Registered
733 Posts
I'm surprised at the difference! Mine just arrived last Friday and it looks great! I'm not sure of weight as the manuals don't identify...but I'd guess between 3 - 400 pounds. Its very heavy gauge material.

If you decide to come up this way, I can check point you to my dealer and see if he'll extend the price to you as well. I did buy 50K worth of tractors and implements between a colleague and I, which I'm sure had some effect on the 1650.00 including shoe kit but ya never know....I'm sure they'd like to sell another one.
Whew, not even close.

Snow blower with manual turner
1048 (48") $2100 plus tax
1054 (54") $2265 plus tax

I'll defintly be passing. Any idea on the weight of these? I just may make a trip with the Jetta wagon and trailer next spring to Ontario... I expected to pay a couple of hundred more for shipping, but $600 extra???
Don't feel bad, $1650 is definitely a great deal with what he spent.

Just received the same blower bought with a 1026r and paid $2026 with the set up. I am also from Ontario so you can really see what a great deal JRS got on his (just a little jealous)

· Banned
820 Posts
Ya, definitly a deal, and now I don't feel so bad...

I wound up getting a Frontier 1054. Stupid plowtruck decided to dump the brakes in the last storm and it took 6 hours using the FEL and back blade, so went and bought the blower the next day. Good thing too, stupid truck won't fire up (7.3L Diesel), so it's either going to be sold, or at the very least sit till spring so I can tackle it in warmer weather.

Don't feel bad, $1650 is definitely a great deal with what he spent.

Just received the same blower bought with a 1026r and paid $2026 with the set up. I am also from Ontario so you can really see what a great deal JRS got on his (just a little jealous)

· Registered
8 Posts
Agro Trend is what I use on my 1023E you will be very happy with its performance. It will literally put the snow 2X further than a lucknow or meteor. At least in the smaller class of blowers its the way to go, Agro Trends tolerances seem a lot tighter.

61 - 67 of 67 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.