Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, how about posting some pictures of the recent snowstorm? Maybe some showing how you dealt with all the snow. I plow about 500 feet of private road and 40 x 60 foot driveway with a Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI ATV and a 6ft. Moose plow. About 4 passes does it. Let the snow fly!

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts

About 80ft of drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts

About 80ft of drift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looks like you could use some drift fencing! I had to put some up near the barn for those North Winds that did that at my place. Just had to figure how far back I needed the Orange Fencing so the drift had room to form away from the barn. Did not put them up this year not enough snow. So I been plowing a hill back away from the barn and it is working good so far. Nice pictures and what a job to clean it out!

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,674 Posts
Looks like you could use some drift fencing! I had to put some up near the barn for those North Winds that did that at my place. Just had to figure how far back I needed the Orange Fencing so the drift had room to form away from the barn. Did not put them up this year not enough snow. So I been plowing a hill back away from the barn and it is working good so far. Nice pictures and what a job to clean it out!
That fencing on the right is my cattle alley and is acting like snow fence. To the right of that is our mini horses. I might try some fencing there later. Not sure how much it would help in a blizzard like the one that created this.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
Every time we built a new building the drifts changed. Tonight we had a 48 MPH Gust and it is blowing pretty good. Glad it is not snowing or we would have a mess in the morning!! My first drift fence I messed up and put it to close one year and then I had a 4 ft deep drift at the barn instead of 30 ft away. I found it fills behind the fence then over it and the hump just moves away from it. So my humps I made are now moving as a hump instead of flowing on the snow looking for a low spot. Around here we have bad winds in the winter so drifting can happen even if it isn't snowing. I have a hill behind us that can flow snow from 1,000 ft away if it does not get sealed hard on the surface. It still drifts all the time in front of my shop because of the shops position on the property. Drifting1.jpg Drifting 2.jpg This is fun to remove for me I enjoy doing the driveway nowthat I have a nice loader to work with, DSCF3650.JPG this was one dump off both roofs and about 3 ft deep between the buildings. Made a loud noise when it cut loose!

This shows our winds and temps right now 2 miles from my home. It is a RAWS Remote Automatic Weather Station;https://www.wrh.noaa.gov/mesowest/getobext.php?wfo=otx&sid=KMFW1&num=48

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
The big snow here was a flop. Maybe, maybe 6 inches.

·
Registered
3,962 Posts
Haven't you guys seen that movie "Tremors"? There's giant worms under there that come out when you're not looking and eat you ass up!
Is Why I don’t watch Tv :kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Our "big blizzard" was a flop too. Got up in the high 30s so it was raining! Now, froze, glare ice on everything, and after today we aren't supposed to get above 0 for the rest of the week. :banghead:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts