13,660 Posts
Looks good so far, let’s see some action photos

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok it works

Great I can post pics.

So I'm building a snowplow from scratch for my 2320 FEL. I had everything so far except the blade in my scrap pile. I traded some work on their equipment with a machine shop owner friend of mine for the step bent blade. total investment so far $0. I will hook it up to the hydraulics eventually but for now it will be manual swivel and pin.

I'm making it quick attach. I also want to build other quick attach gear for the FEL like forks etc and only wanted to build the quick attach frame once so the blade swivel attachment for the blade clamps to the 3 inch tube with 1/2 inch bolts. In the spring I can unclamp it from the frame and other equipment can attach to it.

I have more work to complete it but this was the first fitup last weekend. I'll post more pics as it progresses. One of my dilemmas is should I paint the blade yellow or green ?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
Looking good so far. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
14 Posts
Nice job and like your tube mount just a suggestion from when I built mine of a somewhat similar design I had a problem with when the blade was angled it would try to push my mount on the tube. I ended up drilling it and putting in quick pins/spring pins. Again just a suggestion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
13,660 Posts
Great I can post pics.

So I'm building a snowplow from scratch for my 2320 FEL. I had everything so far except the blade in my scrap pile. I traded some work on their equipment with a machine shop owner friend of mine for the step bent blade. total investment so far $0. I will hook it up to the hydraulics eventually but for now it will be manual swivel and pin.

I'm making it quick attach. I also want to build other quick attach gear for the FEL like forks etc and only wanted to build the quick attach frame once so the blade swivel attachment for the blade clamps to the 3 inch tube with 1/2 inch bolts. In the spring I can unclamp it from the frame and other equipment can attach to it.

I have more work to complete it but this was the first fitup last weekend. I'll post more pics as it progresses. One of my dilemmas is should I paint the blade yellow or green ?
One more suggestion if you don't mind. You will want to make that blade spring loaded to tip should you encounter something that will want to catch and stop that blade abruptly, especially being a FEL mount so you don't damage you FEL. So far it looks great, I really admire guys with know how and ability to build things like this. :good2:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
re

Thanks for the suggestions they are appreciated and welcomed. This will be the 5th plow set I've made. First one I made was with my father, it was kinda cool. It was a single 3x6 tube that mounted to an old small tractor dad had. we made plates to bolt mid span of the body that the tube (with plow mounted on front) pivoted on and used the down pressure of the rear 3ph to raise and lower the blade. others for a bolens G174 and a couple of ATV plows. learned from each one. This one needs to last a life time.

I'm having trouble finding the spring style and tension I want in the price range I'm willing to pay (next to nothing) so I'm going to put a shear pin for now on each side of the swivel attachment. I have a lathe so I'll turn down most of the threaded portion of some grade 2, 3/8 bolts so the sheared potion has no threads. when it shears off it will just fall inside the tube and I can just back out the bolt and put in another. I will put a pin in the mount so it doesn't slide as well, thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts