Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tickets to Desert Trip went on sale yesterday at 11:00 am local time. Mrs.C was on at 5 minutes after 11 and was in que for almost 5 hours and all tickets were sold out for both weekends. Ticket resellers are all over the web now fleecing the public marking up the price by 300% and more.

The regular price of $400 each wasn't bad for The Rolling Stones, Paul McCartney , The Who, Bob Dylan, Niel Young, and Roger Waters all over three nights.

View attachment 176730

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Should be a great time!!
Yeah, too bad they sold out before we could get tickets. And I refuse to feed the bottom feeder resellers who grab thousands of tickets to fleece the public with afterward.

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Yeah, too bad they sold out before we could get tickets. And I refuse to feed the bottom feeder resellers who grab thousands of tickets to fleece the public with afterward.
A few of the artists are now starting to take action and are controlling how their tickets are sold to prevent their fans from being fleeced and the scammers from making a bundle off of helpless fans. Kid rock is one who has adopted a $20 ticket price and he gets a percentage of the concession revenue and is taking other creative measures to reward his fans and strike at the scalpers.

Incidentally, he is going to be at the Buffalo Chip this August at Sturgis, South Dakota. You pay the basic camping charge and it includes admission to all the concerts. It is a great deal. I usually buy the entire 12 day tickets for $399 per person. This isn't too terribly far from you and the venue is very unique. You don't have to be a biker to go to the concerts and to enjoy the facility.

Look at the line up of bands this year.

3 Doors Down August 6th
TBD...........August 6th
Kid Rock August 7th
Leon Russel August 7th
Lynard Skinner August 8th
Ellie King August 8th
August 9th concerts to be determined
Reverand Horton Heat, August 10th
TBD.............August 10th
Miranda Lambert, August 11th
TBD............August 11th
TBD..............August 12th
TBD..............August 12th
Weird Al Yankovich August 13th
TBD................August 13th

The Buffalo Chip draws big name talent year after year. They are still filling in spots right now which is typical. They have two concerts each night on the main stage and another two concerts each night on smaller stages. Your basic camping ticket provides entry to all of the concerts. You can upgrade to VIP and other perks if interested. But 16 concerts for $399 base fee per person is hard to beat.

You can go to this link and see the actual entertainment which has performed each year at the Chip .....Buffalo Chip - Prior Bands 1982-2014

Here is a link to the Buffalo Chip's facility website. I have been there a dozen times or so and I have tent camped and stayed in my Diesel Motor Coach. The weather is so unpredictable it can be 100 degrees one day and 40's the next. You can dry camp if you desire and they have 30 and 50 amp electricity and water in many of their campground sites. Their offering cover the range of basic to luxury. You can even rent a fully stocked and supplied new camper and simply ride up and stay and leave when you are done. They have Many options to meet most needs.

Buffalo Chip-Sturgis Rally 2016, Camping, Concerts, Events, Info, South Dakota, Campground, Full Throttle Saloon, Bike Shows

Kid Rock scalps his own tickets for $20

Kid Rock Talks $20 Concert Tour | Billboard

Sturgis and the Chip offers something for everyone, I have picked the
following Smiley's based upon my personal experiences there......

:usa:cheers::drinks::clapping::lovetongue::canada:bbq::treehugger::crazy::boat::danger::oops::hornets::rocket::bad::zip:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts