Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Actually,,, I know how to use it,,,but,, I have NO idea what it is called,,, :dunno:

It has been on Craigs List for 6 months,, I asked one of my SIL's to get it for me,,, (it was about 40 miles away)
but, he never could get the guy on the phone.

My daughter asked what I wanted for Christmas,,, I emailed her the CL link.

The item ended up wrapped under the Christmas tree,,, :thumbup1gif:

So,,, two questions,,,,
1) Do you know what it is?
2) What is it called?

I have spent at least an hour Googling,,, I can not even find another pic of it,,, let alone a name.

Two "Kiss Cookies" to the first one with the right answer!! :bigthumb:

(Cookies MUST be picked up,,, no shipping,,, :lol:)

·
Registered
12,601 Posts
I can't answer the question, since the cookies can't be shipped!:tongue::lol: now if u could put a hold on cookies till the day of VA'S., farm show, I maybe able to pick them up then.:lolol:

·
Registered
5,832 Posts
Transport bar

Actually,,, I know how to use it,,,but,, I have NO idea what it is called,,, :dunno:

It has been on Craigs List for 6 months,, I asked one of my SIL's to get it for me,,, (it was about 40 miles away)
but, he never could get the guy on the phone.

My daughter asked what I wanted for Christmas,,, I emailed her the CL link.

The item ended up wrapped under the Christmas tree,,, :thumbup1gif:

So,,, two questions,,,,
1) Do you know what it is?
2) What is it called?

I have spent at least an hour Googling,,, I can not even find another pic of it,,, let alone a name.

Two "Kiss Cookies" to the first one with the right answer!! :bigthumb:

(Cookies MUST be picked up,,, no shipping,,, :lol:)
It's possibly a transport link used to keep an implement up during transport even without a hydraulic cylinder. I'm not sure if that's JD green or possibly Krone. If Krone, it probably goes with hay equipment.

Treefarmer

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts
Looks like something that can be set in three different positions.

·
Old Pa-pa
11,921 Posts
Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post

Looks like something that can be set in three different positions.

Boy, nothing gets by you. :lol: :hide:
Bet I know who won't be a sending you any damn cookies.:lol:

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,189 Posts
Bet I know who won't be a sending you any damn cookies.:lol:
OK with me. I started a diet today. Went out riding. Met some buddies. Stopped for lunch. They ate. I had a coffee. Might try FG19's one meal a day deal. Probably be lucky to make it through one day if I'm lucky. In the meantime Ms. SGS stayed home and baked an apple pie and made a dozen banana nut breads............:banghead:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,921 Posts
OK with me. I started a diet today. Went out riding. Met some buddies. Stopped for lunch. They ate. I had a coffee. Might try FG19's one meal a day deal. Probably be lucky to make it through one day if I'm lucky. In the meantime Ms. SGS stayed home and baked an apple pie and made a dozen banana nut breads............:banghead:
Bad, bad-bad day to start dieting................Bad-bad.:lol:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,054 Posts
Send me your diet info, I need to go on a diet now.:lol:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,921 Posts
Will say one thing, that welding on the smaller tube don't look too spiffy.
Homemade or Chinese built aftermarket and rattle can green paint???

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Will say one thing, that welding on the smaller tube don't look too spiffy.
Homemade or Chinese built aftermarket and rattle can green paint???
I would guess it is some quality made thing,,, the pins are machined, rather than "2 retaining pins"

It is Super Duty,,, it weighs 20.2 pounds., the bent part on the end is 1/2" thick.

Not a bad price,,, $20,,, so, I liked the price, under $1 per pound,,,, :thumbup1gif:

I am still Googling,, no luck so far with a name,,, :dunno:

·
Old Pa-pa
11,921 Posts
I would guess it is some quality made thing,,, the pins are machined, rather than "2 retaining pins"

It is Super Duty,,, it weighs 20.2 pounds., the bent part on the end is 1/2" thick.

Not a bad price,,, $20,,, so, I liked the price, under $1 per pound,,,, :thumbup1gif:

Not being too negative, but looks like the pipe wasn't shaped to fit the U part, was just butted up against it
and a bead was run.
Would have made a better, stronger weld job if the end of the pipe was shaped to follow the U contour, imho.
Would definitely make another welding pass on the smaller and probably another pass on the bigger one.

·
Administrator
20,969 Posts
Looks like it could be an adjustable lift link for the 3 point hitch. This one on one side, normal threaded one on the other.

·
Super Moderator
5,285 Posts
Looks like it could be an adjustable lift link for the 3 point hitch. This one on one side, normal threaded one on the other.

That'd be my guess. A lift arm leveling assembly.

·
Registered
12,213 Posts
I want to know more about the apple pie diet. Sounds like I could stick to. :laugh:

·
Registered
453 Posts
Uhhh...what did they call it in the CL listing?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,276 Posts
So how is that working out for you? :laugh:

So what do you use it for??? :banghead: :nunu:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts