Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me, nothing really-we had to buy a new refrigerator two weeks ago and tires for the wife's van, so we just focused on the kids mostly...but they are at that age where they didn't need or want much either.

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Not much here either. We bought a new vacuum for the house, I got a chocolate orange and the better half got some sea salt chocolate bars. No kids.

We did go have lunch at a local Hibachi restaurant with some friends. That was good food.

We're a wild bunch...:morning2:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Nothing John Deere, but...

Santa, who looked a lot like my son today :laugh: dropped off a nice 3000 watt Honda portable generator. Could have used it 3 times in the last few years. Now watch, it will pretty much sit in the shed and look pretty... which might be a good thing. :)

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
While I was waiting for tomorrow's big shindig to tell you all but you asked. I got a 720 and manure cart and a stool for the shop. View attachment 24159
Yes, that is *why* we decided to break the record tomorrow, so everyone could share. So, I'm not telling until tomorrow! :tongue:

COOL items, felixm!

·
Registered
155 Posts
A wonderful Christmas at our house. We did exchange a few gifts between the wife and me, but the real gifts were getting to talk to our son and his family stationed in England, and our State Trooper son and his family in another part of the state.

Our daughter-in-law, also serving in the USAF is off to Kosovo, Bosnia on the 27th for a 6 month tour. She is leaving her two beautiful daughters, Abby 6 and Madison 3, to uphold the oath of enlistment she took 12 years ago.

Pride, that's what I got for Christmas. From both our boys. :usa:usa:usa:usa

·
Premium Member
14,701 Posts
A wonderful Christmas at our house. We did exchange a few gifts between the wife and me, but the real gifts were getting to talk to our son and his family stationed in England, and our State Trooper son and his family in another part of the state.

Our daughter-in-law, also serving in the USAF is off to Kosovo, Bosnia on the 27th for a 6 month tour. She is leaving her two beautiful daughters, Abby 6 and Madison 3, to uphold the oath of enlistment she took 12 years ago.

Thanks to you and your family for their service, and a prayer that they may return safe.

Pride you can be very proud of.

Merry Christmas from your former home state.
Gene

·
Registered
231 Posts

God bless them and keep them safe. They are truly the best of their generation. You should be proud.

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
Oh... and I got a 256GB SSD for my computer from Santa. Hopefully it will be like a new computer once I get it installed.

You will really like the SSD. I have one in each of my laptops. They boot up in 17 sec. About 2 min faster than with the old hard drive.

Dave

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
The 2305 got a set of rear chains.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,389 Posts
Not much here, didn't need much and still recuperating from the second set of Forks :lol:. Had a wonderful time with the family.

·
Registered
11,882 Posts

Kids like yours are the best that America has to offer. Thank God we have young people who are willing to stand up, take the responsibility and serve and protect our nation. It is a very small percentage who do.

The Kosovo tour, aside from being away from family, will be a great tour. I was at Camp Bondsteel in 2002-03. I expected it to be like Vietnam, but it was exactly the opposite. The people of Kosovo actually love Americans and are grateful for what we and NATO have done for them.

·
Registered
231 Posts
You will really like the SSD. I have one in each of my laptops. They boot up in 17 sec. About 2 min faster than with the old hard drive.

Dave
Yep. Looking forward to it. Now I have to back up all my data, install the SSD and install a fresh copy of Windows 7 on it. Currently there are two 250 gig 7200 rpm drives in the computer. I think I'll RAID them together (can't remember right now if its a RAID 0 or RAID 1) for faster performance for file storage/retrieval. The SSD will be the C drive and the RAID for storage. It'll be fun. It will take a few days of work but I always like this techie/nerdy stuff.

Note to self... Don't ever have a few beers when doing this kind of thing... Did that once with my brother-in-law when trying to install memory in his old, old computer and we destroyed the mother board. We still die laughing about that tech repair. We really were the geek squad that day!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Thank you for telling us this. It's not often that we Americans hear that some people around the world actually appreciate us and blood and treasure we have sacrificed for other countries and their freedom.
As a Canadian I appreciate what America has done and does to hold peace on this planet. It's kind of nice having a big brother to the south, wait a minute..., Big Brother probably doesn't sound right considering the NSA these days, :spy:.

But seriously, it takes guts for a nation to take chances like America does, :thumbup1gif: and sacrifice its own for others. :usa

OK, back to topic..... my wife gave me luggage..... is she trying to tell me something?????

1 - 20 of 66 Posts