Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We did here in my neck of the woods in NEPennsylvania. Not a lot, but it was white!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,829 Posts
Just a dusting in area 51......East of Niagara Falls NY. :lol:

·
Registered
12,244 Posts
Here too, not much but I actually plowed about 4” that came last night, just enough to give us a white Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
We had a dusting, but they had about an inch a few miles north.

·
Registered
4,239 Posts
We got a light dusting over night. It was still mostly green/brown. It was melted by noon.

·
Premium Member
13,941 Posts
The grass was almost white, more white than green. Apx 10 miles away at least 1" on the ground and 15-20 miles 3-6" on the ground.
To the North Wof us in Morgantown WV or N in Uniontown Pa nope no snow anywhere.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
:thumbup1gif:nope-not a bit here. now i can go out in the driveway and look up at the mountain-west of me--and its white--dusting i would say. just enough to track deer or see them better.

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
We've had 3 or 4 inches here over the last few days. It was nice for the grandkids who are visiting this week. (They tuckered out before getting the head on the snowman.)

BackYard.20181225_141917_1.jpg

·
Registered
11,227 Posts
We did here in my neck of the woods in NEPennsylvania. Not a lot, but it was white!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
As long as I am in the same neck, the amount was about the same. Just enough to have to clean off the truck.

·
Premium Member
2,016 Posts
We have none just north of Harrisburg and I am OK with that. In fact, I am OK with my JD sitting in the garage all winter with the broom attached. :laugh:

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
No snow here in central Ohio either. :boredom:

·
Registered
21,145 Posts
No snow on the ground here either. I’ve plowed only one time so far this season back many weeks ago.

I don’t know what is happening. 25 years ago we would have at least 2’ on the ground by now. It was common to have a lot of snow on the ground for bear season which is the week before Thanksgiving.

I hate the grey dreariness in winter without snow cover.....

This map isn’t really accurate but still shows how little of the country has snow cover. It shows 2”-4” where I live but we have nothing.

E847642A-8032-4548-83BB-81944EF95C69.gif

·
Registered
7,899 Posts
We had a little snow over the weekend, but it was all melted by Christmas Eve morning.

Christmas morning, it was snowing big white flakes while we were walking, but by 10am, it had stopped and nothing stayed as the ground is too warm.

Last year on Christmas, I was plowing walking paths for the K9 kids as pictured below. Since I was plowing across the lawn in the photo, I leave the plow up about 6" just so walking out to the bird feeders, etc is easier and not through snow nearly 2 feet deep.

In fact, last year I started plowing on December 12th and plowed nearly everyday for the remainder of the month. I had 16 plow billings in December of 2017. Not this year...........Just 2 plowing events so far.

The weather forecast is calling for almost 50 degrees in a few days, which is real trouble for the fruit trees and grape farmers, etc. If that happens more than once or twice, especially in consecutive days, the fruit trees and grapes will start to grow buds and when it turns cold and snows, it wipes out the crop for this coming season and can even kill the trees or vines.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,450 Posts
With our winters of late, sometimes I feel I might be wasting my time putting the chains and plow on my tractor! Right now, the only work I have to do is all the branches that are on the ground from the rainy, icy weather from earlier in the month. I'd love it, if we have a mild winter this time around!

Wishful thinking because there is probably at least one big snow in the near future for us!
I'm ready!:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
5,351 Posts
Snow in the higher mountains all around me but none at my elevation. 30 * this morning and clear so I may try out my new Taylormade M-2 3 hybrid Santa brought me when the temp gets above freezing!:yahoo:
No ice chest required this time of year!:good2:

·
Registered
4,238 Posts
We arrived Sunday at our daughter and 2 grandchildren's house in Oswego County NY, just north of Syracuse. They're on the eastern shore of Lake Ontario and get lake effect snows. Snow started late evening Sunday and it snowed all day Monday (Christmas eve), sticky snow mixed with a little ice and all the trees had a fluffy coating that lasted all Christmas day. Total about 5-6 inches. Here's a shot from their kitchen window with the sun coming up behind the nearest trees.

White Christmas 20181225.jpg

Picture really didn't do justice to the actual scene.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts