Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
There is a jokes thread, Scotty. It is in the Politics section though. Been there for a while now. I know, because I started it! :mocking:

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
What's with the Password BS.............. :-(
I thought the same thing originally. Once you've entered the password, if you have checked "remember me" then you should be good for awhile....unless they do site maintenance :laugh:. I think this is so the topics in the politics and gun forum dont show up in everyones "new post or todays post" category , only those thats joined in by password....but I've been wrong before.

The only problem with that is...I always check "new posts" and dont realize I aint getting the posts from those forums because I dont realize I'm not logged into them.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
What's with the Password BS.............. :-(

That way people have to want to go there, and not stumble on something that may hurt their feelings accidentally. It has been working quite well. The password is right in the forum description for anyone to see.

·
Registered
2,762 Posts
The password is ok. The only issue I have with it is I tend to forget to resign in to the protected forums. It would be nice if one could stay logged into them for life.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts
How about adding a password protected JOKES section? :laugh:
I don't want to go to Politics for jokes! :thumbsdown:

·
8,558 Posts
Since we (including me) had crossed the line a few times, and managed to get it closed, I just figured that I would try to begin a new one, in an area that was not open to anyone that did not opt in. So far, admins and mods have allowed it to stay, and I thank them for that. I have no problem with a Jokes forum that is password protected. But that might become another issue for our admins and mods to have to deal with. As one who is tech challenged, I do not know what that would create for them.

If you opt in for the politics forum, you can just read the Jokes thread. You can ignore the rest of it, IMO. It is labeled as the Jokes thread.

·
Premium Member
9,077 Posts
How about adding a password protected JOKES section? :laugh:
I don't want to go to Politics for jokes! :thumbsdown:
Politics is a joke..:lol:

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
I just want to clarify this a bit. The jokes thread wasn't closed because of one, two, or even a bunch of members. Nobody was directly to blame here. A few things were moderated, that happens. As far as I know, nobody got into any trouble over it or anything. We just had a lot of things that went into a very grey area. It's really hard to enforce rules when something else similar was approved or ignored. We didn't want to be unfair to anybody. We hate to have to moderate. Period. It's very rare for us to have to do that here. If a member chooses to post something stupid or "not play nice", as long as it's within the rules, we won't moderate their post. We want you to be able to speak your mind here without fear of reprimand or us being an over-moderating nanny site. When something does happen and moderation is required, the member is notified and told why. But I have yet to see anybody get into any trouble over it.

We decided that the best course of action was to close the jokes thread instead of trying to clean it up. We knew that eventually a new thread would be created eventually. It's now in the politics forum where members must choose to opt in so if they are offended by certain posts (like politics can do) they don't have to see them. That doesn't mean we have a green light to post whatever we want in there, the rules still must be followed. But feel free to post and enjoy yourself here just like you have in the past.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Struggling with the password thru my phone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1025R FILB, 60D mower, Artillian forks, and Ken's hooks.

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Since we (including me) had crossed the line a few times, and managed to get it closed, I just figured that I would try to begin a new one, in an area that was not open to anyone that did not opt in. So far, admins and mods have allowed it to stay, and I thank them for that. I have no problem with a Jokes forum that is password protected. But that might become another issue for our admins and mods to have to deal with. As one who is tech challenged, I do not know what that would create for them.

If you opt in for the politics forum, you can just read the Jokes thread. You can ignore the rest of it, IMO. It is labeled as the Jokes thread.
Neat, being pretty new to the forum I had wondered why there was no jokes thread, had never logged in to the Politics section. This will need further investigation. :good2:

·
Registered
43 Posts
Struggling with the password thru my phone.

For the love of god just figured it out once I used the regular site instead of thru tapatalk.

·
Administrator
17,943 Posts
I just want to add that the Politics section here at GTT is very tame, it's not like on other forums where it gets out of control quickly.

·
8,558 Posts
I just want to add that the Politics section here at GTT is very tame, it's not like on other forums where it gets out of control quickly.
I, for one, hope it stays like it is! Even debates are friendly, IMO. I don't want it to lose that, and with the members here, I don't think it will.

I do appreciate it being PW protected. (And I love the PW chosen for it!! Very appropriate for a politics forum!)

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I, for one, hope it stays like it is! Even debates are friendly, IMO. I don't want it to lose that, and with the members here, I don't think it will.

I do appreciate it being PW protected. (And I love the PW chosen for it!! Very appropriate for a politics forum!)
Me too...
Nothing turned me off more than going to the political section of a motorcycle website. I cannot read any posts in there without getting totally steamed. I also would not participate in that forum even if someone paid me.

·
Premium Member
7,687 Posts

I've never entered the Political Forum :boredom:, but may have to for the JOKES thread, I miss them :cray:

I doubt our Admins are tech challenged.:drinks: I think a few key strokes and they could add a password protected joke section. I am surprised the password for the other sections is in plain view. I expected you had to email an Admin for it so they had a record you wanted to opt in.

·
8,558 Posts
I think the fact you got into the PW protected areas shows you opted in. No need for them to have to deal with individual PMs and emails. Works the same for the hunting/gun section too.

I'm actually going to mention here, that I hope some folks don't think the PW protected area means the Jokes thread is a "free for all". But at least this way, it is out of the more obvious viewing field.

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
I think the fact you got into the PW protected areas shows you opted in. No need for them to have to deal with individual PMs and emails. Works the same for the hunting/gun section too.
This is it exactly.

·
Super Moderator
8,036 Posts

OOPs. I hope I didn't offend anyone with the few jokes and cartoons I submitted. They say that humor is a sign of high intellect. Just trying to help spread it around..............

Frank

1 - 20 of 20 Posts