Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had someone offer me a premium for my 4700 and couldn't pass it up.....found a '14 L45 at a very good deal to the point I pocketed some cash in the end.

I haven't had time to use the tractor for more than about a hour but it seems like a solid machine with some slick hydrostatic features

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,472 Posts
Well that 4700 didn't last long.

So lets see some more pic's of the new toy.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
Congrats, you will have a good time over on Orange Tractor Talk. They have not upgraded to the new platform yet.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well that 4700 didn't last long.

So lets see some more pic's of the new toy.
Yeah, it was kind of sickening when I accepted the offer but hard to pass up good money

It will be a week or so on better pics, working out of town at the moment

Congrats, you will have a good time over on Orange Tractor Talk. They have not upgraded to the new platform yet.
You kicking me out? The plan is to service this one, fix a few things and then probably sell it

I'll bet he'll wish he had the 4700 back after he gets cramps in his foot from Kubota's treadle. :)

These have a different style peddle, much more comfortable than the typical treadle you see on Kubotas

·
Registered
5,164 Posts
We have a M6800 that's a pretty basic machine but is doing what we bought it for. It's not fancy but with the exception of having no float function on one set of rear remotes, it's done well.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
No we are not kicking you out. just seeing the orange tractor made me thing to go check their site.

Flipping tractors seems to have multiple meanings.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
I'll bet he'll wish he had the 4700 back after he gets cramps in his foot from Kubota's treadle. :)

These don't have that type of controls. Gas pedal and brake separate, reverse and forward on the column.. And as he will tell us, that machine will lift more in the bucket and certainly dig with the backhoe better than any Green machine of comparable size.. I should know I have the L39.. hoe reaches 15' and the fel can lift 2000 pounds to 12' The hydraulics are super fast too or totally micro, they are great machines even though they are orange...
When I bought mine it was basically identical to the JD yellow machines of the same size,, paint was about the only difference, price was about the same to; thousand a horsepower..

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
not sure how much you actually got to use the 4700....be intresting to get your comparisons if you have enough seat time
I had about 15 hours on the 4700 but havent had more than about half hour on the bota.....I'll compare once I have more seat time

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
944 Posts
These don't have that type of controls. Gas pedal and brake separate, reverse and forward on the column.. And as he will tell us, that machine will lift more in the bucket and certainly dig with the backhoe better than any Green machine of comparable size.. I should know I have the L39.. hoe reaches 15' and the fel can lift 2000 pounds to 12' The hydraulics are super fast too or totally micro, they are great machines even though they are orange...
When I bought mine it was basically identical to the JD yellow machines of the same size,, paint was about the only difference, price was about the same to; thousand a horsepower..
12' lift and 15' reach seem like impossible numbers for that size machine.....not knocking it at all but those numbers exceed my full size caterpillar 416c backhoe a much larger machine

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
10,789 Posts
Congrats on the sale; and congrats on the purchase.

·
Premium Member
4,208 Posts
12' lift and 15' reach seem like impossible numbers for that size machine.....not knocking it at all but those numbers exceed my full size caterpillar 416c backhoe a much larger machine

They are not impossible numbers, they are true measurements, I have measured the reach to the backhoe bucket teeth and the book even tells you what it will lift to what height.. These are real construction machines. Although compact I don't think they exceed your cat.
oader:
Loader type:Kubota TL1000
Weight:960 lbs [435 kg]
Height (to pin):114.2 inches [290 cm]
Clearance, dumped bucket:90 inches [228 cm]
Dump reach:20.5 inches [52 cm]
Dump angle:45
Reach at ground:72 inches [182 cm]
Breakout force (at pin):3,560 lbs [1614 kg]
Lift to full height (at pin):2,767 lbs [1255 kg]
Bucket width:72 inches [182 cm]
Attachment style:Two-lever Quick Coupler