Green Tractor Talk banner

Sold the 4700.....now orange

3K views 18 replies 12 participants last post by  psrumors 
#1 ·
So I had someone offer me a premium for my 4700 and couldn't pass it up.....found a '14 L45 at a very good deal to the point I pocketed some cash in the end.

I haven't had time to use the tractor for more than about a hour but it seems like a solid machine with some slick hydrostatic features

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

See less See more
#6 ·
Yeah, it was kind of sickening when I accepted the offer but hard to pass up good money

It will be a week or so on better pics, working out of town at the moment

Congrats, you will have a good time over on Orange Tractor Talk. They have not upgraded to the new platform yet.
You kicking me out? The plan is to service this one, fix a few things and then probably sell it

I'll bet he'll wish he had the 4700 back after he gets cramps in his foot from Kubota's treadle. :)

These have a different style peddle, much more comfortable than the typical treadle you see on Kubotas

#4 ·
Congrats, you will have a good time over on Orange Tractor Talk. They have not upgraded to the new platform yet.

#11 · (Edited)
These don't have that type of controls. Gas pedal and brake separate, reverse and forward on the column.. And as he will tell us, that machine will lift more in the bucket and certainly dig with the backhoe better than any Green machine of comparable size.. I should know I have the L39.. hoe reaches 15' and the fel can lift 2000 pounds to 12' The hydraulics are super fast too or totally micro, they are great machines even though they are orange...
When I bought mine it was basically identical to the JD yellow machines of the same size,, paint was about the only difference, price was about the same to; thousand a horsepower..

#7 ·
We have a M6800 that's a pretty basic machine but is doing what we bought it for. It's not fancy but with the exception of having no float function on one set of rear remotes, it's done well.

Treefarmer

#9 ·
No we are not kicking you out. just seeing the orange tractor made me thing to go check their site.

Flipping tractors seems to have multiple meanings.

#18 · (Edited)
FWIW.....i looked up my Cat backhoe specs....

from dipper pin to full extended reach (std hoe) to tip of bucket teeth ~18' (can vary with bucket size)
loader full height to flat bottom of a level bucket 10'-10"
loader full height with loader bucket vertical to bucket edge 13'-2"
obviously the cats loader capacity is almost 2 times the cubbie
just putting # out there

wonder how he is likeing his cubbie?......i revisited this thread because i came accross a cubbie l4630 cab gst today that will the owner needs to sell and was thinking about floating him a offer and doing research

#19 ·
Sorry for not updating sooner

I really like the L45. It is much more industrial as compared to farm tractor. Thus far I have not found anything I do that I need a stronger FEL. With the hydro the wife is able to operate with me in the man lift. I would not trust her with a geared tractor, at least not without a whole lot of practice. The backhoe is strong and fast. It has a 24" bucket but handles it fine through I'd like a narrower bucket. The loader has an auto level feature that works really good with forks. The SSQA I like much better, seems to just work better.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.