Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have cracking in my fuel lines which has developed into a very slow leak. There is no salvaging what is there as the lines seem to have perished significantly. I had a quick look to see what I would need to to do and I think it will mean dropping the fuel tank to reinstall new lines.

Anyone done this job before and have any tips/advice?

Thanks in advance.

Premium Member
On my JD 6415 I used Gates Barricade line. It comes on both high and low pressure version. You only need the low pressure version, High is for fuel injected cars.
I only looked at the ID of only one line in JD parts catalog. It was metric and converted to 1/4" ID. I bought spool of 1/4" line, then found ALL the other lines were 5/16" ID 馃が I should have taken more time checking in the parts catalog, my fault for thinking they were all the ID.
I did take the length listed for each line and add them up and found one spool (IIRC 25") would do the entire tractor.
The Gates line had a bigger OD than what JD used, so I had to buy all new clamps. I had planned to reuse the old ones. IIRC the JD clamps fit 7/16" to 1/2" and I bought 9/16" to 5/8" clamps.

Premium Member
Thanks Zebrafive. Just confirming - did you need to drop the fuel tank to complete the job?
My fuel tank is different than yours. It is along the outside of the left frame rail. I had to remove the platform floor to access fuel lines to my fuel tank.
Organism Font Parallel Engineering Auto part
Product Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology

Reactions: Lazy Acres

Premium Member
What ID size line did you use? That info will help the next guy.

Premium Member
3/8 but I just took a piece of the old line in to the store to make absolutely sure it matched. I bought 3 metres (10 feet) to do the job with a little left over.
Larger than I expected. My JD 6415 used 1/4" and 5/16" ID hoses. About 6" of 1/4" and and close to 25' of 5/16".

Reactions: Lazy Acres
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.