Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you fellas knew, I had built a sub-soiler.

Weather not permitting, been waiting for better weather for a garden install to give the new sub-soiler its maiden voyage..... Could not take it anymore so I put the new sub in the dirt today just to see how it would do....

I am very pleased with the results even in the soggy sod I tried it in. Dug deep and had excellent action.

So here are some action shots of the new implement!!

Attachments

·
Registered
479 Posts
Looks good. I'm planning to build something similar for my receiver hitch. It'll have to be strong-lots of force generated in use. Have you seen the cable burial adaptations to these?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks rockshaft!

And yes I have seen people use these for cable installation by fitting a 90 degree PVC pipe to them. There is even some videos on youtube using a sub-soiler for cable installation.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Impressive! It looks like it's about 18" into the ground. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you Andy b!

I was able to sink it to the cross bar, but would run out of traction for some reason:laugh: It did real good in the 18 to 20 inch depth range.

The bigger 'clumps' of sod/soil you see at the start and about half way down the rip path is where it went clean to the cross bar and I had to lift it almost out of the ground causing the clump of sod/soil to form

Attachments

·
Registered
438 Posts
That's torque n her up.

If she stands up to all that JD power, you did an excellent job. Really neat.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thank you PaDave:hi: with 27 horses of raw dirt rip'n power, who knows what might happen.:laugh:

I tried to over-build it just for that reason......

1 - 7 of 7 Posts