Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
3,165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had to pick up 6 new suitcase weights. I have 8 I had picked up several years ago when I got my HH for the 2305.

Old weights R66949 is 20KG (40lbs)
New weightsUC13268 is 19KG (42lbs)

The math on one of these is fuzy.

20KGx2.2=44lbs and 19KGx2.2=41.8lbs. So the new math on the newer part revision weight is more accurate. I just like how it makes no sense when you look at them side by side.

i asked the nice young lady at the parts counter if the new weights would be compatible with my old weights since they were a newer revision. She looked at me like “what” then resized it was just some hefty humor.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Common Core?

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Put them on the bathroom scale, and see where they fall

·
Registered
4,873 Posts
The older weights have helium bubbles in them when they are cast. They do this so they are easier to lift and move by hand. However now that helium is becoming more rare, they no longer blow helium bubbles in the iron. The draw back is they are heavier and more likely to throw your back out.

·
Premium Member
17,171 Posts
Had to pick up 6 new suitcase weights. I have 8 I had picked up several years ago when I got my HH for the 2305.

20KGx2.2=44lbs and 19KGx2.2=41.8lbs. So the new math on the newer part revision weight is more accurate. I just like how it makes no sense when you look at them side by side.

i asked the nice young lady at the parts counter if the new weights would be compatible with my old weights since they were a newer revision. She looked at me like “what” then resized it was just some hefty humor.

View attachment 784179 View attachment 784180

Seems like the old math is wrong.. if my math is correct

You had 8 weights that you thought weighted 8x40 or 320# but they really weighted 352#

The new weights 6x42 or 252 # but really only weigh 250.8

So you lost 1.2 # on new weights but gained 32# from your old weighs.
Seems like a gain to me. if you never looked up the true weight of your old weights.

🤷‍♀️

So with the old and new weights you had 572 # before finding the true weight and now you have a total of 602.8 plus what ever dirt, snow or ice that may be on them.. :rolleyes::whistle::unsure::)

·
Super Moderator
6,012 Posts
This sort of thing is why the US never adopted the metric system.

·
Registered
184 Posts

You had 8 weights that you thought weighted 8x40 or 320# but they really weighted 352#

Seems like a gain to me. if you never looked up the true weight of your old weights.

🤷‍♀️

So with the old and new weights you had 572 # before finding the true weight and now you have a total of 602.8 plus what ever dirt, snow or ice that may be on them.. :rolleyes::whistle::unsure::)
reading through this thread is making my head hurt :p 😲 o_O

·
Registered
287 Posts
My oldest four are 40s and my newer eight are 42s. I had to sharpie 40 on the tops of them so I could look down at my Harbor Freight Kustom Weight Kaddy (2x6 on a dolly) and feel all organized and stuff. I figure if I know I’m lifting the 40s I’m all warmed up and ready for the 42s. Gotta stretch first.

I don’t actually keep all my weights on my Heavy Hitch. I like the sound of clinking metal and expensive chipping green paint to remind me that I really need four more to stop that incessant clanking. But at least I paid more for the 42s so they have to be better?
I remember when I financed my tractor back in ‘06, my dealer offered me a smoking deal on weights and really tried to talk me into getting a dozen. He said they would never be cheaper. I showed him. Imagine how obsolete a dozen 40# weights would be these days?

·
Premium Member
7,940 Posts

🤷‍♀️
So much math.

Thank ET.

Imagine how obsolete a dozen 40# weights would be these days?
I maybe better check mine. Here I am thinking I am styling and ......

·
Registered
13,275 Posts
yeah i agree about that-jeepers. glad i don't like math as good as ET does 😢

·
Premium Member
76 Posts

View attachment 784179 View attachment 784180
Its that whole "less is more" thing :geek:

1 - 20 of 34 Posts