Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife works at a company that makes display fixtures and she brings home some of the returned damaged product or discontinued products. So now that I finally have a garge to use I brought these fixtures out to the garage, put them together and then modified them a little. The cart with the slat wall on the side is actually two separate carts that I stacked one of top of the other and then tied them together with the slat wall on the sides. The car wash supply car I really only modified it by removing the top shelf on the one side so I can fit taller bottles and jugs on that side. And I left two of the dividers out on that side for extra width. They are certainly not industrial strength carts...but they are free and will serve a purpose for a while. So I thought I would share a few pictures. I also put a few pictures of the garage here too.

Attachments

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Those carts are OK, but that garage is NICE!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah the carts aren't much to look at, but they will be functional for a while. For the low price of free it's what will work for me for now. I told Randy about them and he said I should post them up.
Thanks for the garage complement. It's a 50ft x 50ft with three trench drains, one of which is for an indoor wash bay. The doors are two 8ft H x 10ft W and the big door is 10ft H x 12ft W. There is still a lot of work to do in the garage to complete it. Eventually I'll be getting a 2-post automotive lift installed.

·
Administrator
18,501 Posts
Don't take what I wrote wrong...I do like the carts, they look very handy! But I just LOVE the garage:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Is that a GXP I spy???
Yes that is a 2006 Grand Prix GXP in Blue/Green Crystal. Then I have a 2003 Z71 LT Ext Cab. Also not pictured is my 2002 Camaro SS. Here's a picture of that and some better pics of the GXP. So the smallest vehicle engine I own is a 5.3L V8!!

Attachments

·
Registered
771 Posts
The carts look sturdy enough to me, good and cheap way to keep things organized. The garage and vehicles are neat O. :laugh: If you're going to wash cars in there you might want to check if the dry wall ceiling will take the moisture... might need to get water proof paint to keep it from sagging.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Tackit has a good point, I know when I wash cars in my shop the humidity can take quite a spike for a while. Especially in the winter.

Good job on the carts Nick.:good2:

·
Registered
79 Posts
Yes that is a 2006 Grand Prix GXP in Blue/Green Crystal. Then I have a 2003 Z71 LT Ext Cab. Also not pictured is my 2002 Camaro SS. Here's a picture of that and some better pics of the GXP. So the smallest vehicle engine I own is a 5.3L V8!!
I have a black 06 as well...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts