Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some people's attitude is just annoying. They're the kind of guys who, instead of replacing rings for 100$, spend over a grand buying a vtwin to swap in. They're the kind of people who comment on your posts with "It's junk. Buy one of these. It's cheaper and easier"

UGH. On every post I make it's those people, and it disgusts me that people would rather swap an engine and lose 4 horsepower and 4 amps from the charging system because "I like them better, they're not junk"

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
That's the trouble with much of the mindset of people today. We've been moving towards people thinking of everything as disposable, since cloth diapers went by the wayside. My dad grew up in the Great Depression. He used to lament often, that we were becoming a "throw away society".

·
Premium Member
4,567 Posts
That's the trouble with much of the mindset of people today. We've been moving towards people thinking of everything as disposable, since cloth diapers went by the wayside. My dad grew up in the Great Depression. He used to lament often, that we were becoming a "throw away society".
Welcome back. You have been missed big time; and you still have your secret admirer.

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
Welcome back. You have been missed big time; and you still have your secret admirer.
All of us.....

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
8,558 Posts

Thanks, 2Lane. Been a lot happening that has needed my attention. Not much resolved on some fronts, but I am trying to come up for air now, on occasion.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
Thanks, 2Lane. Been a lot happening that has needed my attention. Not much resolved on some fronts, but I am trying to come up for air now, on occasion.
Hopefully you've been able to spend some time "up in the air" in the RV of yours!! :airplane:

Good to see you back here FG! Poor DianeBuda has been trying to keep these guys in line all by herself. She could use some help from a fellow Texas girl! :laugh:

·
Registered
322 Posts
Are you the sister I never knew I had? We could have had the same Dad. :lol: :flag_of_truce:

·
8,558 Posts
Are you the sister I never knew I had? We could have had the same Dad. :lol: :flag_of_truce:
Probably not. I'm an only child. I think my dad figured if he managed to get me raised he would have accomplished something, and after dealing with the wild tomboy, he really didn't want to take a chance of getting another like me. :mocking:

·
8,558 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I just straight up encountered a guy who owns an engine who said
"Ill take the junk deere and give you a 500$ trade in value for a new mower"
I asked why,
"Because these new tractors can do as much, if not more than those old pieces of junk"

·
Registered
3,935 Posts
:mocking:Welcome,back we always miss your input

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
So I just straight up encountered a guy who owns an engine who said
"Ill take the junk deere and give you a 500$ trade in value for a new mower"
I asked why,
"Because these new tractors can do as much, if not more than those old pieces of junk"
It's all perspective I guess. You look at it as a $100 ring job NOT counting labor. Others look at it as an easy bolt in operation to swap a motor in. Me personally, I would have look at the TOTAL cost, time and materials, then make a decision.

Slightly relevant story... I own a four wheeler that isn't pretty but everything works and she's a WORKER. Well, I over heated her 3x and burned the exhaust lobe clean off the cam (crazy right)? Well I hauled it to a buddy, told him the symptoms and he discovered I had rounded the exhaust lobe off. I told him to give me a quote to repair it. He calls back, "$600." I told him to fix it. He says "are you sure, this thing is pretty rough?" My response was "I can't buy another one in comparable condition with a plow for $600 can I?" Most people would have scrapped it... 4 years later I still have the same four wheeler and she still plows snow wonderfully.... I do wish I had power steering sometimes though...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts