Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive recently been drawing some tractors so I thought i'd share them. So far, i have done a JD 110, a JD 3720, a JD 2040, a Bota BX25, and a Bota L3400. :thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
You're getting better Jake with the fourth drawing you posted being the best proportion and perspective wise.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
:good2::good2::thumbup1gif::thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Very nice!

You should consider putting the brand, model and year on the drawing. And of course, like any good artist, sign it!

Pete

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Very nice!

You should consider putting the brand, model and year on the drawing. And of course, like any good artist, sign it!

Pete
Thanks guys!:thumbup1gif: i have been signing each one in the right bottom corner. Brand and model number is a good idea, I probably should date them too.

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Just for grins, here's what the covers on the manuals for my B21 from 1997 look like. Keep developing that skill Jake. Mechanical illustrations are needed for lots of things, that could be a source of income someday.

Pete

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Pete... MY EYES.... MY EYES.....:lol:

Jake, Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to you drawing a cabbed machine...:lol:

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Sorry 'bout the view there Brian... But back in 1997 Deere didn't have anything even close to a B21. That frame mounted backhoe and "it's bolted on and it's not coming off" loader are great. Focus on the positive- the next tractor I got was the 4520.

I do like the small size of the B21, the OS with it's "easy to jump out, get something, and jump back on" ability. But it's not a hot day work machine. I feel like I've got the perfect mix- good garden tractor, 2000 series class, and 4000 series class. It's almost like when you have a "fleet" you need to be sure you always skip a series.

Think green happy thoughts....:laugh:

Pete

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Mechanical illustrations are needed for lots of things, that could be a source of income someday.

Pete
Yep; but most illustrations are done on the computer these days, so one has to learn how to draw on the PC to make a buck doing that kind of work.

However; learning proportion, perspective, lighting, and shadowing by hand is a good skill to have in preparation for the computer aided illustrating.

·
Premium Member
6,698 Posts
Think green happy thoughts....:laugh:

Pete

Nice save Pete. I think there were some harsh membership thoughts going on for a moment. Are you on probation?:mocking:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts