Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a couple trees blow down in our latest windstorm so I thought I would use my '52 John Deere A to pull the tree out to where I can cut it up. I got the tractor staged, but ran out of daylight cutting the tree loose from the stump. Should get it pulled out tomorrow.

Attachments

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Cjet69, i would like to get an AN and an AW someday, good looking tractor. is that an older restoration or in original work clothes?

i have an odd question, why do you have the rear wheels set in so close?
I have had this tractor for just over a year now. It's been painted at some point along the way. The wheels were set this way when I got it and it looks worse than it is because of the long axles that these have. I was able to get one wheel to slide, but so far the other is stuck pretty good. I hope to get it freed up this summer when the weather is nicer.

I have another thread on the crank swap I did on this tractor. 1952 John Deere A crank swap

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Pulled the logs out this morning and got a little mud on the tires. Video to come later.

Attachments

·
Registered
11,649 Posts
:bigthumb: thanks for the pics-cjet. i have yet to see a single steering tire tractor of any model. the single tire must not have been very popular here where i live in Pa.:unknown:

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:bigthumb: thanks for the pics-cjet. i have yet to see a single steering tire tractor of any model. the single tire must not have been very popular here where i live in Pa.:unknown:
I see quite a few around here in NW Washington. It probably had something to do with the type of crops in the area. I don't think they would be to good in soft ground.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The video:

·
Registered
3,646 Posts
That's prety cool! :good2: Those older tractors sure sound a lot different than the new ones do.

Also a lot different to operate - climb up, clutch in, make sure you have the gears properly selected, release brake, slowly release clutch and adjust throttle as necessary, keep it going in a straight line without the benefit of power steering or 4WD.

THANKS for sharing!

·
Registered
409 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
We had mostly clear skies today so I loaded the saw in the Gator and bucked the logs up.

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts