Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I placed an order with GFP last Tuesday. By Friday it had still not shipped (in-stock items) so I e-mailed them. No response by mid-afternoon today (Monday). I tried to call them but there was no answer. Anyone know if there is something weird going on there? Anyone have a successful order placed/fulfilled in the last week or so? This is not acceptable service...

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
I placed an order with GFP last Tuesday. By Friday it had still not shipped (in-stock items) so I e-mailed them. No response by mid-afternoon today (Monday). I tried to call them but there was no answer. Anyone know if there is something weird going on there? Anyone have a successful order placed/fulfilled in the last week or so? This is not acceptable service...

Rob
I ordered a week or so ago and got my order in super time, again... Maybe on vacation? Look for Jeff and send him a pm..

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
I placed an order with them on 8/14. Just got notified today that it shipped.

Dave

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I kept calling this afternoon and (of course, shortly after posting this) they finally answered. They say it "should ship out today". Hopefully that is the case.

Cause was given as "everything was in stock when you ordered but when we went to pull it there was an item missing that we had to get from another store." OK, sometimes crap happens. I wish with a delay of this size they would have e-mailed me something so I knew what was up.

Rob

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Stuff happens, but good communication bridges a lot. Personally, I place more value on good communication than I do price or quick shipping.
Indeed. Even if they would have responded within 24 hours to my e-mail or answered the phone today during my first few call attempts it would have been a better experience and I could forgive them for not letting me know proactively about the delayed shipping.

Rob

·
Registered
4,433 Posts
Every once and a while, something gets messed up with their credit card processing system. Try emailing them.

You are not alone, this has happened to me several times in the past.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Every once and a while, something gets messed up with their credit card processing system. Try emailing them.

You are not alone, this has happened to me several times in the past.
You may have missed a few details above. I did e-mail them and they never replied. And the issue turned out to be an inventory problem.

And then they assured me it "was on the rollers getting ready to ship today" and that I'd get an e-mail with a tracking number yesterday. But it never happened. I think I'm using another supplier in the future.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts
You may have missed a few details above. I did e-mail them and they never replied. And the issue turned out to be an inventory problem.

And then they assured me it "was on the rollers getting ready to ship today" and that I'd get an e-mail with a tracking number yesterday. But it never happened. I think I'm using another supplier in the future.

Rob
Rob,
You should really PM jeff and let him know your plight. I know I would. I never had an issue with them at all (after literally 10's of purchases) so I can't Feel your pain, but I can understand it. If that's how they are doing business at times it's a good way to loose customers... :hi:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rob,
You should really PM jeff and let him know your plight. I know I would. I never had an issue with them at all (after literally 10's of purchases) so I can't Feel your pain, but I can understand it. If that's how they are doing business at times it's a good way to loose customers... :hi:
Sorry, I'm not aware of who Jeff is? I assume someone associated with GFP, but I don't know any actual names or user IDs.

Rob

·
Premium Member
4,395 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,344 Posts

Rob
Maybe they don't like you :lol:

Just sayin :munch:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Maybe they don't like you :lol:

Just sayin :munch:
If they'd met me in person that wouldn't surprise me. But in this case they must just not like my money. Because they are very close to not getting any of it if I cancel the order and take my business elsewhere.

Listen, all I expect from a business is clear communication and honesty. If they would have responded right away and said "sorry, it won't ship until next Wednesday" I could live with that. But when they don't respond to e-mails, don't answer their phone (much) and then provide incorrect info I get irritated. I have money. I will give it to someone qualified. These folks may not be it.

Rob

·
Premium Member
13,344 Posts
If they'd met me in person that wouldn't surprise me. But in this case they must just not like my money. Because they are very close to not getting any of it if I cancel the order and take my business elsewhere.

Listen, all I expect from a business is clear communication and honesty. If they would have responded right away and said "sorry, it won't ship until next Wednesday" I could live with that. But when they don't respond to e-mails, don't answer their phone (much) and then provide incorrect info I get irritated. I have money. I will give it to someone qualified. These folks may not be it.

Rob
I'm with you, just picking, but I have personally never had a problem with GFP. :good2:

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
An update:

My 8/22 e-mail to Jeff's address has gone unanswered. The order did finally ship later on Tuesday. Based on tracking it is not likely to be delivered to me until Monday. That's just a day shy of 2 weeks since the order was placed.

This is the last time I will do business with Green Farm Parts. They have dropped the ball at every opportunity. I've tried to be courteous and tolerant along the way, not a jerk. I'm disappointed. It's been a long time since I've encountered a company that has been so unable to communicate.

Rob

·
Registered
500 Posts
I am with you BigBlue. If I was in your shoes I would do the same. Not a very good business practice to just ignore you. Just rude and unprofessional..

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,263 Posts
An update:

My 8/22 e-mail to Jeff's address has gone unanswered. The order did finally ship later on Tuesday. Based on tracking it is not likely to be delivered to me until Monday. That's just a day shy of 2 weeks since the order was placed.

This is the last time I will do business with Green Farm Parts. They have dropped the ball at every opportunity. I've tried to be courteous and tolerant along the way, not a jerk. I'm disappointed. It's been a long time since I've encountered a company that has been so unable to communicate.

Rob
I've purchased from GFP before and have not had a problem. That being said, I'd like to see a representative of Green Farm Parts to reply to your post and give an explanation of what wrong with your order.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've purchased from GFP before and have not had a problem. That being said, I'd like to see a representative of Green Farm Parts to reply to your post and give an explanation of what wrong with your order.
Me too!

·
Premium Member
13,344 Posts
That's too bad to read about your experience with GFP but I totally agree with your frustration and decision. I use my local dealer for parts for a few reasons, 1. they will match any price I show them 2. I feel like I'm supporting a local business. When I bought the mulch kit for my 54d the dealer was almost $50 higher in cost, they matched the price I showed them plus through in a 15% coupon to boot, ended up being almost $30 cheaper at the dealer.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.