Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
3 hours on the new 1025R, and I found the first broken item. This little "adjuster" of sort was keeping my seat from rotating around to the BH position. I unscrewed the end still attached under the seat, but couldn't really tell where the other end was supposed to have lived prior to the bolt shearing off. Anyone know what this is and where it goes?

IMG_20141005_190541.jpg

The seat seemed to function fine without it, so I'm wondering if I really need it. :unknown:

·
Registered
373 Posts
Warranty item.

I had the same thing break on mine. It's what lifts the seat up when you rotate it and keeps it from raising when it's in the forward position. The only way you can get that part is to buy a $400 assembly, but my dealer warranted it for me at 150 hours. When new, I noticed it was loose, so I tightened it. Even though I had only rotated the seat a couple of times to use the bh, it somehow broke. Because I have an auto repair shop and an infinite amount of tools available to me, they just handed the assembly to me and let me make the exchange myself, so I could do it without having to leave it with them. There's only about 6 bolts that hold everything together, but don't loose any! The ones that attach the assembly to the seat itself are low profile. If you use a regular metric bolt, it'll interfere with the rotating of the seat.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Jon! :thumbup1gif:

I did seem to me that the seat raised much easier, I guess this little bugger was bad from the factory. I'll get on the horn with my dealer on Monday morning to have them get me a new one. I am surely guessing it is under warranty since I just took delivery last Friday. Heck, I think I only spun the seat about half a dozen times so far...

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Same failure on my 1026TLB. Seems the seat business is still the same from the 26's to the 25's...? I learned how to work the seat better without it and it won't get fixed until the machine goes dealer for service.

I believe somewhere on this site a while back there was a mention of a factory "repair" number which was supposed to fix this, but I haven't seen it mentioned lately...

The problem for the JD design "team" was the difference in operating height between FEL and BH, a whopping couple of inches. Darn freshman engineer guys assigned to this project spilled ink all over the blueprints.

·
Registered
13 Posts

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Had the same part break on mine 2x in the year that i have owned the tractor. The dealer replaced the part under warranty but had a hard time finding the part. Thanks to GTT:thumbup1gif: I found the right part # for them. The link below will show you the seat diagram and part list.
http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/12371-need-help-260-backhoe-seat-parts.html
This thread was a great read. It seems that I am having the very same experience as others here, and my seat actually lifts and spins better now than it did before this little strut broke. Now I'm wondering if I really want to replace it. :unknown:

·
Registered
342 Posts
I have also had the same part break. I took it in to my dealer and the shop manager knew exactly what it was, he'd seen many beak. I got a new one under warranty. If you bring it in to the dealer, they send back all of the broken parts to JD. Maybe there will be a beefier replacement in the near future? :unknown:

Mr. Moose

·
Registered
373 Posts
Well, wouldn't you know it. The third time I used my new (2nd) seat mechanism and the rod is laying under there, broken again! I think I'm going to redesign a new one using 3/8" threaded rod and a couple of garden tractor tie rod ends. This is ridiculous. In the words of a former co-worker, "It's not rocket surgery!".

·
Administrator
20,353 Posts
Well, wouldn't you know it. The third time I used my new (2nd) seat mechanism and the rod is laying under there, broken again! I think I'm going to redesign a new one using 3/8" threaded rod and a couple of garden tractor tie rod ends. This is ridiculous. In the words of a former co-worker, "It's not rocket surgery!".
While I encourage good mods that improve the tractor, I would take the second broken rod in to your dealer so they can report it under warranty.

I could've sworn there was an improved part for this.....:unknown::dunno::think:

·
Registered
3 Posts
I broke tree litle ends

Thanks Jon! :thumbup1gif:

I did seem to me that the seat raised much easier, I guess this little bugger was bad from the factory. I'll get on the horn with my dealer on Monday morning to have them get me a new one. I am surely guessing it is under warranty since I just took delivery last Friday. Heck, I think I only spun the seat about half a dozen times so far...
This time the dealer replaced it with a deferent revised model from Deere hope this one lasts :big thumb:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Hopefully I get delivery Wednesday on my new 1025r FLB. Its supposidly being being prepped, wih accessories installed. Monday/Tuesday. I went to look at it in the yard this week. And purposely looked at the seat lift and swivel mechanism. They changed the whole mechanical assembly on the 2016 models. There was a 2015 setting near and I showed the sales rep of the difference. He was suprised and said he did not know of the seat failures. Told him it should be a requirement Deer dealers read GTT.
Anyhow I was glad they corrected the seat failure problem.

·
Registered
320 Posts
HI Jimh4662
Would it be possible to get some Photo's of the new 2016 seat assembly as here in Australia we will probably not see it till much later in the year.
Thanks Regards John

·
Registered
447 Posts
I would love to see a universal seat that you could pull a spring loaded slide bolt out and just pivot the seat back so the back of your seat is the seat and then your seat is your back to use the backhoe and use that same spring loaded slide bolt to latch it in place. Too easy I guess and not a money maker in replacement parts for JD.

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
3 hours on the new 1025R, and I found the first broken item. This little "adjuster" of sort was keeping my seat from rotating around to the BH position. I unscrewed the end still attached under the seat, but couldn't really tell where the other end was supposed to have lived prior to the bolt shearing off. Anyone know what this is and where it goes?

View attachment 33534

The seat seemed to function fine without it, so I'm wondering if I really need it. :unknown:
On mine the little ball socket that this would screw into sheered off. I told them about it but never got the part. All it does is flop the seat forward when you return it from the BH position. I've gotten used to it being off and it is easier to move the seat now. Need it? No, but make um fix it since it is brand new!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Broken Seat Linkage

IMG_0468.JPG

This is the linkage that pushes the seat up when it swivels backwards towards the 260 backhoe. The ball that the linkage socket broke off. Are there any good fixes for this?

·
Registered
2,563 Posts
View attachment 463418

This is the linkage that pushes the seat up when it swivels backwards towards the 260 backhoe. The ball that the linkage socket broke off. Are there any good fixes for this?
Yeah but I just learned how to do without the contraption. Works just as good, dare I say better, just need to learn a different way to do it. Just as fast, and I think easier.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
91 Posts
New Part Numbers

IMG_0484.JPG

I found the parts individually. Apparently they are very prone to breakage and have been designed out now. My backhoe is about a year old. Replacement part numbers LVA16258 and LVU21441.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts