Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
You are correct. In the rectangular slot next to the decal there should be a metal rod protruding that connects to the dif lock.

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
The diff lock rod should in the slot next to the sticker, although the arrow looks like it pointing to the hole-it's really indicating the direction you push the rod to engage the differential lock. My guess is that the rod is stuck up behind the cowling. I've read of this happening before.

Take a look here:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im sorry for the sideways pic. I tried to fix it but to no avail. I just went out to the barn and looked a bit closer. It seems to me that the rod is there but jammed upwards to the bottom of the plastic shroud around the mower adjustment knob. If you look at the picture there is a rod in there pointing up is that the part?

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
What model tractor is this, and is it still under warranty?
It is a 2016 1025R TLB and it is under warranty. I think I know what happened. When the mechanic who installed the AutoConnect kit worked on the adjustment dial he probably had to move that rod out of the way and forgot to put it back. I'm going to remove the panel tomorrow and see if I can correct it. No need to drag it all the way to the dealer (40 miles) for such a small deal if I can fix it myself.

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The diff lock rod should in the slot next to the sticker, although the arrow looks like it pointing to the hole-it's really indicating the direction you push the rod to engage the differential lock. My guess is that the rod is stuck up behind the cowling. I've read of this happening before.

Take a look here:

I want one of these please. Will go to your site and order one tonight.

Steve

·
Registered
194 Posts
Mine was the same way... it was stuck behind the plastic just had to take that plastic off and put it through the hole took about 5 min total. Guess that's what I get for picking mine up on a Monday morning:laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
I took my shroud off once and forgot to put that back in the slot. Had to take it off again to put it where it belongs, no big deal.

Reactions: TJR345 and pcabe5

·
Registered
130 Posts

Take a look here:

I messed up when I ordered my hooks by not getting one of those to bundle the shipping lol.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Panhead, get the pedal from Ken's Bolt On Hooks. It makes it so much easier to use. It's $40.00 and worth it. Not sure why JD just leaves the bar there. The pedal is what is needed. See the pict in earlier post and good luck. We should grab a beer sometime. I am in Murphys and your close.

Reactions: Levi and pcabe5

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
Kinda hard to get that panel back in place with the lever crammed up behind there. . oh well.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Where there is a will there is a way! I swear when it comes to re-installing panels on anything, I need to do it at least twice just make sure I get it right! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Panhead, get the pedal from Ken's Bolt On Hooks. It makes it so much easier to use. It's $40.00 and worth it. Not sure why JD just leaves the bar there. The pedal is what is needed. See the pict in earlier post and good luck. We should grab a beer sometime. I am in Murphys and your close.
I just ordered the pedal last night and got notified a little while ago that it has already shipped. We should get together some time. You grow grapes up there?

Steve

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yup it was behind the panel

Well I removed the panel today and found the "pedal" for the diff lock. Pulled it down and replaced the panel and all is right with the world. That panel was a lot easier coming off than going back on however. I ordered the pedal from Ken last night and it is on the way. Thanks for the partial credit Ken, not sure why but I'll take it:good2:

Steve

·
Administrator
18,287 Posts
I ordered the pedal from Ken last night and it is on the way. Thanks for the partial credit Ken, not sure why but I'll take it:good2:

Steve
Credit is for shipping, the small pedal fits in a USPS Small Flat Rate Box so we refund $6.

·
Registered
2,965 Posts
I want one of these please. Will go to your site and order one tonight.

Steve
Kenny's pedal is the bomb. So much easier to hit the dif lock in a hurry with it there. Have a look at his bolt on hooks and rigging gear while you are on his website. All super high quality and handy devices.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Kinda hard to get that panel back in place with the lever crammed up behind there. . oh well.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Where there is a will there is a way! I swear when it comes to re-installing panels on anything, I need to do it at least twice just make sure I get it right! :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
Not hard at all. Just put the panel back on and as soon as it's on you will find out what you forgot to do. :banghead: :laugh:

1 - 20 of 25 Posts