Green Tractor Talk banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Administrator
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not available quite yet, but our new Chain Boxes for the iMatch Quick Hitches are making a debut at the the Farm Show.

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
NICE!! Can you post the dimensions so I can make sure that it will work on my Speco QH?

Any idea on price?

Should I just go ahead and give you direct access to my bank account now? :unknown: :laugh:

·
Administrator
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Mark,
The mounting area is 2” x 4” inside, we will have them available for the import hitches that have different dimensions.

·
Registered
12,427 Posts
Will the chain boxes be available for Gators? I know the perfect tester for them.:laugh:

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Weep hole?

Not available quite yet, but our new Chain Boxes for the iMatch Quick Hitches are making a debut at the the Farm Show.

Is there a weep hole in the bottom for those of us who don't have sense enough to come in out of the rain?

Treefarmer

·
Registered
437 Posts
Sign me up!!!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Can't wait:bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
Is there a weep hole in the bottom for those of us who don't have sense enough to come in out of the rain?

Treefarmer
If you don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, you deserve to have rusty chains! :nunu:

:laugh::hide:

Actually, if you look at the last picture, it appears as though there are "slots" in the bottom to allow for drainage. I'm guessing the box is formed out of a single sheet of steel and is pressed into shape, then welded.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts

Treefarmer
They are not water tight, as Mark said, though I try not to play in the rain.

These boxes are super functional, I've been demoing these for about 3 months now. Mine were not powder coated and do not have the covers. Personally I think I'd prefer them without the covers, though I do not have them so I can only speculate. I carry a 14' x 3/8" chain with my chain shortener in one side and my two different draw bars in the other. I've had these on my iMATCH since mid May and not like I'm bashful about posting pics of my tractor working, not one comment was made. :nunu::laugh:

·
Administrator
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

Treefarmer
The corners are clipped as I think you can see, and the sides are only welded in four spots so yes they can drain in the rain :)

·
Premium Member
13,584 Posts
NICE!! Can you post the dimensions so I can make sure that it will work on my Speco QH?
It will likely be quite a challenge fitting this to other quick hitches as it uses an unobstructed area of the vertical box section between the corner gusset and the lower hook. A lot of hitches, the Speeco in particular have no box section at all but instead use a huge angular section that extends all the way to the lower hook. Others use a box section but have huge corner gussets that extend down to the lower hook. The JD iMatch has the advantage of having what is probably the smallest corner gussets of any hitch made along with very thin unobstructed vertical box sections.

It will be interesting to see what Kenny comes up with for the other brands out there.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,560 Posts
It will be interesting to see what Kenny comes up with for the other brands out there.
Oh, he'll come up with something! He's Super-Kenny!! :thumbup1gif:

I'm going to have to check my Speco to see if it's like the one in your picture. Shows how much I pay attention to it.

·
Administrator
18,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I already have the idea in my otherwise empty head...Sadly it will not be as easy to install as this style, but it will still be doable by the average Joe.

·
Premium Member
14,112 Posts
I already have the idea in my otherwise empty head...Sadly it will not be as easy to install as this style, but it will still be doable by the average Joe.
Or they could just buy an iMATCH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,064 Posts
Guilty

If you don't have enough sense to come in out of the rain, you deserve to have rusty chains! :nunu:

:laugh::hide:

Actually, if you look at the last picture, it appears as though there are "slots" in the bottom to allow for drainage. I'm guessing the box is formed out of a single sheet of steel and is pressed into shape, then welded.
I'm guilty on both counts, staying out in the rain and yes, I have some rusty chains. I don't want to provide too much more info, lol.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I like it. I believe I may add 2.
Free ballast with the box and chains :laugh:

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.