Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to GTT and already have 100 questions. I just sold my ol 425 and attachments with the plan of getring a new 1025r. The loacl dealer is within sight of my house so I didnt look at othere colored tractors. They seem eager to make a deal but I always hate leaving even a dime on the table. The plan is for the 1025r with loader, 54 inch deck, and 54 inch blower. I have about. $13400 to put down on it leaving 6k to finance at their 60 mo, 0% deal...$100 per month. I think I have offered right at the fine line in price since they are taking their time getting back to me. Meanwhile I have located a 2014 54 inch drive over (54D) deck that has never been installed or used. The owner has another machine to mow with. He wants $1200, a $450 savings even off my lowball offer. Is there anything I should be looking for on the 2014 deck compared to the one the dealer wants $1850 for?
Question 2... I have also found an h120 for $2500. It was used twice and has been inside. It includes mounting brackets. This is $1550 less than the dealer wants. What is involved in adding the mounting hardware to my tractor? It looks like just a few bolts, not a lot of complicated hardware. Am I missing something? A couple hours?
Im thinking with those 2 items removed from my deal with the dealer, I may havw a better chance of getting the tractor and blower at the percent off I want. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
375 Posts
I just have a few thoughts to offer:

A. If you drop the deck and the loader and only get the blower, you won't qualify for the "buy 2 implement" discount and your tractor price will go up.
B. The warranty only covers implements that you buy at the time of the tractor purchase.
C. You probably have less of a chance of getting the price you want if you buy less from the dealer because they would have less room to negotiate.

·
Premium Member
2,746 Posts
if it was me I would buy new that way if you have autoconnect problems its covered. then you have the full warranty coverage.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Could come down to how handy are you? I recently bought the 60” broom from my 1025 used. I figured at over 2000$ I saved compared to the dealer I could buy a lot of spare parts and consumables if needed.

Installing the loader is 6 bolts for mounting brackets and a maybe 4 for the grill cover. Torquing to spec would be the hardest part.

If you’re comfortable installing the deck on your own then go for it and save your money for other implements. I only mow with zero turns and level and inspect my decks every 25 hours. Couldn’t imagine paying or sending the unit to the dealer to do this for me.

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
I just have a few thoughts to offer:

A. If you drop the deck and the loader and only get the blower, you won't qualify for the "buy 2 implement" discount and your tractor price will go up.

Just as a "heads up", that isn't a current promo from Deere.

In the past Deere has run a 0% financing + a $1,000 (or $2,500 at times) discount *IF* you bought 2 or more implements with the purchase of your tractor. Right now it's just 0% for 60 months.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Exactly. The salesman tlked about 0% 60 but the markdown from list price wqs minimal. He told me to make an offer, that they could do better if I was serious. He said "there are some incentives" but Ill have to see what I can do. After reading some threqds here I plugged in 20% and told him I dont want to play the game of back and forth. Ive bought a lot of vehicles in my life and thats the part I hate most. I think 8f they want to, they can do 20% f9r a good customer and neighbor. If they cqnt, Ill look around before I go much above that. If cutting back to a "used/new" .ower and l9ader helps them I can shop ebay and Craigslist all day and save myself thousands but 8f they wait too long I will also find a good deal on a tractor with 100 hours on it. My boss used to say I was tighter than 2 coats of paint. F9r a few thousand dollars I can live with a couple scratches

·
Registered
2,842 Posts
I am new to GTT and already have 100 questions. I just sold my ol 425 and attachments with the plan of getring a new 1025r. The loacl dealer is within sight of my house so I didnt look at othere colored tractors. They seem eager to make a deal but I always hate leaving even a dime on the table. The plan is for the 1025r with loader, 54 inch deck, and 54 inch blower. I have about. $13400 to put down on it leaving 6k to finance at their 60 mo, 0% deal...$100 per month. I think I have offered right at the fine line in price since they are taking their time getting back to me. Meanwhile I have located a 2014 54 inch drive over (54D) deck that has never been installed or used. The owner has another machine to mow with. He wants $1200, a $450 savings even off my lowball offer. Is there anything I should be looking for on the 2014 deck compared to the one the dealer wants $1850 for?
Question 2... I have also found an h120 for $2500. It was used twice and has been inside. It includes mounting brackets. This is $1550 less than the dealer wants. What is involved in adding the mounting hardware to my tractor? It looks like just a few bolts, not a lot of complicated hardware. Am I missing something? A couple hours?
Im thinking with those 2 items removed from my deal with the dealer, I may havw a better chance of getting the tractor and blower at the percent off I want. Any thoughts?
Couple thoughts.... Personally, USE THEIR MONEY. Finance the whole thing. Keep your down in the bank, if you are not predisposed to spending. If you are then follow your plan.
Is it the 120R loader? I'd want to know what it was used for. Make sure it did not get tweaked.

Does all of the attachment parts come with the deck, including the lift mechanism, PTO of either type? Those items are a chunk of change.

Be very demanding and interested, but tell him you are looking elsewhere too. Walk away and tell him to do better at least once.

Be sure to get weights for your wheels and a ballast box.

Be sure you are getting a new machine and not a left over 16 or 17. If it has the upright ROPS you would be happier, but it is an older machine. More money off if it is.
Bill

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I think expecting 20% of MSRP is a little unrealalistic. I purchased my 2018 1025R FEL/49" bucket/no mower and a Mauser cab for $19998.00 plus sales tax. That was about 15% off MSRP. I have been dealing with the same dealer for years, so they really take care of me in terms of parts and service. To me that means a lot. I also took advandage of their 0% financing. I had an H120 loader on my 2014 1025R and I have to say, I like the R120 loader better. I don't know what the 54 " deck is worth, but assuming it's about $3400, I think you should be able to buy your build for around $17500. Personally I would purchase all new and use their money. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Just as a "heads up", that isn't a current promo from Deere.

In the past Deere has run a 0% financing + a $1,000 (or $2,500 at times) discount *IF* you bought 2 or more implements with the purchase of your tractor. Right now it's just 0% for 60 months.

Actually I checked Deere's website before I posted. (LINK)

The current offer is 0% financing and $1,100 + $500 2 implement bonus.

1025 Offers and Discounts 27 October 2018 through 31 January 2019.png

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Nobody mentioned it, but Id make darn sure the parts from the 2014 will work on the 2018. There is a change, and at least the backhoe doesnt swap, which indicates a different frame.
If thats the case, its likely the mower deck mounting will be different.
Also, the H120 is not the same as the 120R. If you dont mind less lift capacity, not a big deal, but it too may not mount properly.

If you need different mounting parts for the mower deck it can add up quick.
If you need different mounting parts for the loader, it might not be possible, or may add up quick too.

·
Super Moderator
5,196 Posts
Actually I checked Deere's website before I posted. (LINK)

The current offer is 0% financing and $1,100 + $500 2 implement bonus.

View attachment 655046
Huh. I looked at the "Offers and Discounts" tab on the 1025R page earlier when I posted and there was no mention of that promo. I just went back to look again and the "Offers and Discounts" tab is blank now.

I stand corrected! :laugh:

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
I think expecting 20% of MSRP is a little unrealalistic. I purchased my 2018 1025R FEL/49" bucket/no mower and a Mauser cab for $19998.00 plus sales tax. That was about 15% off MSRP. I have been dealing with the same dealer for years, so they really take care of me in terms of parts and service. To me that means a lot. I also took advandage of their 0% financing. I had an H120 loader on my 2014 1025R and I have to say, I like the R120 loader better. I don't know what the 54 " deck is worth, but assuming it's about $3400, I think you should be able to buy your build for around $17500. Personally I would purchase all new and use their money. Just my 2 cents.
Last night when I posted my response, JD build site wasn't online, so I was just guessing on the deck, and I overlooked the fact that you also wanted a 54" blower. What I am now coming up with, your builds MSRP is $22450 according to the JD online build site. Also, I'm not sure if all related attachment brackets would be included at that price. Anyways, at $22450 with a 15% realistic discount, your build would be about $19100 :gizmo:. Good luck with your negotiations and let us know how things turn out.:good2:

Reactions: Levi

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Nobody mentioned it, but Id make darn sure the parts from the 2014 will work on the 2018. There is a change, and at least the backhoe doesnt swap, which indicates a different frame.
If thats the case, its likely the mower deck mounting will be different.
Also, the H120 is not the same as the 120R. If you dont mind less lift capacity, not a big deal, but it too may not mount properly.

If you need different mounting parts for the mower deck it can add up quick.
If you need different mounting parts for the loader, it might not be possible, or may add up quick too.
Reading through all the threads from yesterday I was wondering how long it would take for someone to mention this.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
According to the printout they gave me, my build would be $24233, $21,450 with their discounts.. 15% off $24,233 is $20,598. 20% is $19386. I offered them $19,400. Its been 2 days and no response. Meanwhile a friend just bought a MF today and says he likes it better than the 1025r and likes the specs better. He lives accross the street from the Deere dealer but went 20 miles for the red tractor. Since Im not hearing yes or no back from the Deere salesman I may go take a peek at the MF. Who knows??

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
EDIT: 2018 1025R FEL/53" bucket

·
Registered
41 Posts
My 2 cents. I bought a new 2017 1025R with a 60" mower and loader last year. I looked at used low hours but new from a great dealer is customer goodwill, great service and a full warranty, especially with the some what troublesome auto connect mower which I had initial problems with. The small difference in the used vs new price was just not worth it to me. In my case I'm confident I made the right choice.

·
Registered
99 Posts
It didn't work for me

I found a 60" deck for my 1025r for 500 bucks and tried like crazy to get all the hardware off the the guys tractor I was buying it from. The bar that went through the frame was rusted tight. And the back hoe sub frame was in the way. I'm above average mechanically inclined and yes lots of WD40 was applied. I brought all kinds of pry bars and Hammers and still could not get either side broke losse. Even even thought about getting a porta power but there was really no room to use it. I finally gave up after driving a few hours two different times. If you had All the parts already off his tractor and thought you could put them on yours ok than it may be something to consider.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Sounds better than prices I have been getting. TLB and 54" or 60" mmm have all been around 22k or higher before taxes or anything. Kubota bx23s were coming in a little cheaper, but they make you get the kubota insurance if you finance and its about $1600 on top and ends up higher than JD overall.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Im actually very dissapointed with the salesman. I made my offer to him on Wednesday morning. He told me he would either call or stop by my house by the end of the day. Ive been busy and not able to get back or call. I felt the ball was in his court. I have not heard a word either way. I guess I will drop in tomorrow but I shouldnt have to. The next 3 closest JD dealers are branches of the same company so no satisfaction from shopping around unless I want to drive 50 miles. I have money to spend. I would have expected them to put a little effort in to getting it from me!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts